Got my License!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibadoex

Been studying for a few months and waiting for a test session in my area. Went and took the Technician test on Saturday May 31st and passed with 100%! License showed up in the database the following Friday.

Glad I finally did what I had to do to study - learn some new things - and pass the test. Been wanting to do this for many years. Will be setting up a Base, Mobile, and a mobile portable setup. For now I am using my UV-5RTP.

N7DAN

Congratulations,
there is so many aspects of this great hobby, I truly come back to this hobby quite often..... My 1st
10-sec Com with the space station in 2005 I will never forget.......
A 2M simplex conversation with a fellow Ham in Tucson with a 2M beam antenna, from North Phoenix.
IRLP on a 2M/70CM Talking around the world.
Enjoy this great hobby !!!!
N7DAN

K4EET

Chaplain
Congrats Joe! Welcome to the wonderful wide world (WWW) of ham radio! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask here at Radio Reference. But seeing that you got 100% of the answers right on the exam, I might have to ask you some questions. LOL! (or "Hi Hi" in ham speak) You have entered into a GREAT hobby...

73, Dave K4EET

BruceMN

congratulations! I studied for my tech back in 2006 so I could put a radio scanner in my car (Minnesota regulations), I became so interested in ham radio when I was studying for the tech I kept studying and taking all the exams. Ham radio is now my main hobby chasing DX. I no longer have a scanner in my car, I opted for a 2 meter radio!

Bruce
N0JX

thracyv

KC1NLX
Premium Subscriber
Been studying for a few months and waiting for a test session in my area. Went and took the Technician test on Saturday May 31st and passed with 100%! License showed up in the database the following Friday.

Glad I finally did what I had to do to study - learn some new things - and pass the test. Been wanting to do this for many years. Will be setting up a Base, Mobile, and a mobile portable setup. For now I am using my UV-5RTP.
Congrats! I passed my Tech on Saturday. Had the chance to take the General the same day but didnt pass it. Oh well- gives me another excuse to sit in front of my computer and learn more stuff. Using a BF -F8HP as a starter before I get serious about base unit

KC5AKB

Congrats to all that passed their Tech and to those who passed their upgrades. It is a fun hobby lots to do just dig and look around some. You never know what you might find to explore.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Congratulations! (y) I wish I would have done that when I was younger. My mind is beginning to slow down in my old age. Enjoy your new endeavor!

Status
Not open for further replies.