Got my PSR 800 today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker

Happy New Year, Tracker! We are not communicating. Humor me and type more detailed responses. There is no reason to be in a rush. Try to use the same terminology used by the EZScan Software, and/or on the face of the radio, and/or on the LED screen of the radio. This way we can actually tell what you are doing. As examples:

1) Responding to brownlab's detailed (~300 words) instructions with

"I tried tried this in the morning before re synchin with my laptop, buy it didn't pick up miami... ...yesterday I programmed miami dade "coubty" fire rescue n that it did pick up................." and "I tried this under EZscan n Miami is Not under Systems........"

leaves me with doubts that his instructions were followed or even understood.

2) Responding to my own

"......... This second paragraph is regarding a completely different subject then the first paragraph in said response. Please let me know if you see MORE than ONE "Folder" at that step (between Continue and Copy Folders) in the "Copy Configuration to Scanner Memory/SD Card" process........"

with

"I did not get that prompt for more folders.......it just warned me that clicking continue would overife the info. on thr SD card...Btw, I just completed the previous mentioned regiment to no avail......"

leaves me with similar concerns.

One more time, from the top, lol:

EZScan software............Click on "Scanner/SD Card" tab (upper left)... ...MAKE SURE SCANNER IS TURNED OFF........Click on "Copy Configuration to Scanner Memory/SD Card"... ....."Overwrite Warning" popup select "Yes".....On my computer I now highlight EZSCANDG (H) (Your file system may be different).......Click on Continue......

STOP RIGHT THERE----- TOUCH NOTHING!!!!!

You should be looking at a popup box labeled "Select V Scanner Folders to copy"!! ARE YOU LOOKING AT A POPUP BOX LABELED "Select V Scanner Folders to copy"???? If so, you should see one OR MORE entries (lines of boxes and words) under FIVE COLUMN HEADINGS labeled "Copy" "Del" "VS#" "Folder" and "Description". DO YOU SEE THESE FIVE COLUMN HEADERS???? If so please describe, to the best of your ability EXACTLY WHAT YOU SEE UNDER THE FIVE HEADERS!!!! Then hit the "cancel" button at the lower right of this "Select V Scanner Folders to copy" popup screen.

That's enough for now, please respond to ONLY these very specific questions regarding ONLY this "Select V Scanner Folders to copy" popup screen with as much specificity as you can muster.

Thanks,
Rob

Clicked on "Scanner/SD Card" tab .. ...MADE SURE SCANNER WAS TURNED OFF........Clicked on "Copy Configuration to Scanner Memory/SD Card"... ....."Overwrite Warning" popuped up n selected "Yes".....On my computer it is EZSCANDG (E) ......Clicked on Continue n it started to rewrite the SD......n now it says "file copy complete," but I haven't done or touched anything else..if you want pics, you can e mail me at Dragrazor@aol.com
Sorry for my previous short answers
Ozzy

Last edited:

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Well first sorry that if we are overloading you with advice and instructions. I do not know the Miami-Dade County Public Safety setup that well (meaning what agencies are digital and what others are still conventional) however that said just by looking at the database, it seems like the City of Miami is digital where Dade County is in the process of rebranding or going to digital. I am sure locals have much more informational about that. Anyhow in regards to programming the 800, generally speaking after you select the city or county (in your case Miami-Dade) you will find the digital systems under "Systems" when you browse the library, and the conventional frequencies under "Categories". Most everything in Northern Virginia where I live is under "Systems" since we are just about all digital up here. Miami-Dade still looks like a mix a digital and conventional systems (correct me if I am wrong). That is why I suggested that you start by programming one digital system first like the City of Miami or Miami Beach in one scanlist. When I first got my 800, I did all my programming in the radio first. After I got that down, then I started programming in the laptop and then updating the radio via the laptop. Programming via the laptop can get very involved. At any rate it sounds like your radio is OK and I am sure you will get it to work. With the exception of the HP1, just about any digital radio is a challenge to program these days. However many of us feel that the PSR 800 is better positioned to keep up with the ever changing scanner technology (please HP1 people, do not jump on me. just my opinion). So my advice is reread the manual and if you have to, start over programming from scratch. Once you get it programmed, you will love it. Let me know what happens………………Best Regards

rwier

Wow, the good news, that's way to answer!!! The bad news, I have no idea what to suggest. After "continue" the process did not halt in order for you to see a screen labeled "Select V Scanner Folders to copy"? That's the one with the five columns and six option buttons labeled "Copy All", "Clear Copy", "Delete All", "Clear Delete", "Copy Folders" (the one I select), and "Cancel". This has got to be a big clue to your problem but I have no ideas. Could your radio skip that screen and still be working correctly? Does anyone else out there see this screen besides me? Does anyone else out there have a radio that passes this screen up as per Tracker? I hope some friends are listening, lol.

Tracker

Later tonight ....after dinner, I will try another department ..........
(I wonder why it won't let me pick Florida Highway Patrol? (FHP)
I know it's digital for sure n the main reason that I bought this digital scanner
I'll play with it some more n get back to you guys
I was gettin a bit frustrated n had to put it down n walk away

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Later tonight ....after dinner, I will try another department ..........
(I wonder why it won't let me pick Florida Highway Patrol? (FHP)
I know it's digital for sure n the main reason that I bought this digital scanner
I'll play with it some more n get back to you guys
I was gettin a bit frustrated n had to put it down n walk away

It won't let you pick the highway patrol because it is a ProVoice system. No scanner manufactured right now will monitor a ProVoice system.

You might want to look at the RR DB for the systems you are trying to monitor to better understand them and why you may not be able to hear them or select them.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

brownlab

well I am grasping at straws right now. Sounds like you have it pretty much set up but you are missing a key step not perfromed which is stopping the unit from working. So let me asked a couple of dumb questions. In the first tab of the program on the labtop "General Settings". Are the ones he wants to send to the scanner enabled by selecting the boxes? If they are not then select and them and send to the scanner by Copy Configuration to the Scanner card in you radio .Then On the radio under menu, select Update from Lib. That will take a while but will make sure all of your data basis are up to date. If nothing else works consider the Third thing which is to select "Restore Factory Defualts which is erasing everything he has already done so you can start over clean. Good Luck

Tracker

brown, yes the boxes are n were checked.....n I found on the scanner under "browse objects" I can see the MPD channels n toggle trough them, not sure if your familiar with that feature,( I just stumbled on it while playing with it), so the info did transfered into the radio
How do I update the library? Would I need to turn the scanner on at this point n select it from the screen while its still hooked up via the USB?

rwier

................... In the first tab of the program on the labtop "General Settings". Are the ones he wants to send to the scanner enabled by selecting the boxes? .................

Hi brownlab,

It is my belief (might be wrong) that the only selection as to what is sent to the scanner via the "Copy Configuration to Scanner Memory/SD Card" function is on a V-Scanner Folder by V-Scanner Folder basis. This is done at the popup/screen/page that Tracker is not seeing. I know of no way to only send a portion of the configuration (Well, there is a "copy changes only" option, but the radio still gets the whole V-Scanner/s as a result).

I believe, for instance, that to load the scanner with a single frequency, or a single TG, or a single Scanlist, and nothing else, you would have to make a new V-Scanner Folder, that contained only the desired results, and copy that V-Scanner Folder ONLY to the scanner while DELETING any previously loaded V-Scanners from the scanner. All of these selection/choices would be done from the screen/page/popup that Tracker is not seeing.

Thanks,
rob

Also, the scanner is ready for immediate scanning using the new, just copied configuration, and requires no radio based activity (such as DB manipulation) to function using the just copied changes.

Last edited:

Tracker

Ok, I just programmed Miami Beach PD using the scanner..........I still can't hear anything!
I see it under the "browse object" feature....scanlidt 002...........? NEEXT?

brownlab

Ok, I just programmed Miami Beach PD using the scanner..........I still can't hear anything!
I see it under the "browse object" feature....scanlidt 002...........? NEEXT?

On the Radio Main Menu, are you sure that the scanlist you just downloaded Miami B is activated or checked off? Go to Scanlist on the main menu and make sure that scanlist is checked off.

Tracker

On the Radio Main Menu, are you sure that the scanlist you just downloaded Miami B is activated or checked off? Go to Scanlist on the main menu and make sure that scanlist is checked off.

Yes, I have 001 n 002 selected....I even checked off 001 n 002 scan set.......not sure what that does...?

mikey60

From what I've seen, the only time the v-scanner selection screen appears is if there are V-Scanner folders created. If you only have the default folder, that screen does not appear.

Mike

Tracker

Update, I downloaded Miami Dade fire rescue from the "categories" section n it works!
I had these on yesterday n it worked good.....actually its been the only 1 that's worked....

Can it be that's won't scan digital...? Maybe Motorola..? Miami Dade county is EDACS.....
Just making observations here..

Status
Not open for further replies.