Got my tech license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougWare

Feed Provider
Just got my call sign monday. KK4ELO Now if i could just get my hands on a good radio.

Congrats!

I passed my tech on Sat, my call sign came through on Tuesday. I'm KK3ELS!

What radio are you looking at? I purchased a Wouxun KG-UV2D a couple of weeks ago to start programming and listening to. Now that I can use it transmit, I'm even more pleased with it. Eventually, I'll probably upgrade to a Yeasu VX-8DR, but the Wouxun makes a great starter radio.

Doug

K

kb0nly

Congrats to both!!!

Wow they are up to the KK series now... I haven't heard any in that series on the air up here yet. The last batch we licensed got KD yet, but the zero call area probably isn't up that high in numbers yet.

KC0KM

The Zero Call District is up the KD0PS- and almost to the KD0PT's (which they will get to soon). I was KD0HMI (getting mine in May of '09). My father was KD0MEG, and he got his a little over a year after I got mine. We both have gotten Vanity calls since.

KK4ELO

i was lucky enough to come across a vertex vx-150 vhf for $60. ive been on it like crazy. i am very pleased with the radio, its a nice portable, has a lot of features.

KK4ELO

thanks, yeah i now trying to find me a cheap used 10 meter radio. i already have a 36 foot pole and an antenna. money is the problem. me and the wife just bought a house and that green stuff dont go as far as it used too...

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Craigslist can be your friend.. There's an HR-2510 listed locally here for 150.. It's been modified to work on CB, but it's still a capable 10 meter rig..

Status
Not open for further replies.