Got my ticket back today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
Took my technician test, and passed it (missed 2).

Guess I'll be watching the web to see when I am back for real......

7-8 folks tested in my session today. Good to see. 2 were my age and the rest seemed much younger than I... nice to see.

Looking forward to getting back on the air. Let's see what my old TH225 has left.... lol

Last edited:

n8nnx

ticket

Welcome back!! Our hobby can use good hams like yourself!!

hhrj

Premium Subscriber
SUPER!!!
Welcome back...
There where 16 testing when I took the general last month.

Ron

grogan

Yes yes yes you are the man hats off to you sir. Sit back and get on the air today! Treat yourself to a new radio. Enjoy. What are your plans for the future. Look for a local club if you so desire they may have a shack with equipment for you to checkout and find what your new inerests are. also nice if they have equipment to use like a local library. Just a thought.

LtDoc

GOOD!
Now, while you're in the 'mood', start on the general. It'll open up a huge number of other bands and you can't loose by having it.
- 'Doc

(... then get the Extra!)

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
First off: thank you all for the kind words and congratulations.

As soon as I get my official ticket in the FCC database, I will post back.

I am facinated to know what call sign I get. One of the VEs had me put my old call sign, KB8OPW, Along with (EXP) after it on the double-secret form. He said that they MAY give me my old one back right out of the box if they see that.

Either way, it is my intention to get it back via the vanity route, if I have to.

I have no clue why I am so stoked about this.... but I am. Heh. Charging the TH225 with the new NiMH battery as I write this.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
First off: thank you all for the kind words and congratulations.

As soon as I get my official ticket in the FCC database, I will post back.

I am facinated to know what call sign I get. One of the VEs had me put my old call sign, KB8OPW, Along with (EXP) after it on the double-secret form. He said that they MAY give me my old one back right out of the box if they see that.

Either way, it is my intention to get it back via the vanity route, if I have to.

I have no clue why I am so stoked about this.... but I am. Heh. Charging the TH225 with the new NiMH battery as I write this.

congrats man! glad you're back!
and that TH-225 is an awesome radio. Nothing like old school Kenwood and Icom bricks, they're still rockin 25 years later.

How many cellphones, pagers, home phones does one go through in that amount of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.