GP340 - beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno1989

Hey Guys!
My name is Daniel and I'm new to the forum. The forum threads here have proved quite useful (extremely useful as a matter of fact) in introducing me to the world of radios. I have become quite proficient in radio programing thanks to this site, but I have come across a problem I can't seem to find the solution for.

I have a couple of Motorola GP340-s and I'm the guy whos tasked with programming them. I need one feature and I am not sure if it can be done. We're working in a very noisy environment and therefore cannot always hear the first few words of a partners radio transmission. I would like to program the radio to emit a "beep" or a short series of beeps before and after receiving a transmission. Say when the PTT key is pressed on the transmitter side, the receiving side hears a beep For example:

DaDiDa "Hey, lower the crane a little more" DiDaDi

DaDiDa "Sure thing, is it okay now?" DiDaDi

DaDiDa "Great!" DiDaDi

Thanks guys!

bezking

Create a new DTMF signaling system and make the DTMF ID whatever you want - then apply this system to the Transmit Signaling System on the Signaling page of the conventional personality.

Danno1989

Thanks for your help!
As I'm kinda new to this part of the programming could you please give me a few more details?
So far I have created a new DTMF signalling system under:

Device/Signalling System Definitions/DTMF Signalling System

I am stuck however on the next part. Under

Device/Per Personality

I get a window with TX/RX, Squelch, Miscellaneous, Audio, PTT, S5 Encode and S5 Decode tabs. I don't see any signaling page here or a "Transmit Signaling System".

Thanks!

klong1234

Motorola Gp series programming

Hi,
I have purchased a new GP360, and I have a programming cable and software. But I dont know a thing about how to use it , AND I need my radio programmed ,Please Help. I only need a few channels to be able to use it for work. Can you help me to get it programmed or if ayone else who reads this will you please help.

Thanks,
klong1234@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.