• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GP360 channel spacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdoggg

I was trying to enter frequency 151.0937 MHz into a GP360.
I keep getting "frequency not divisible by either 5 khz or 6.25 khz"
and the frequency changes. Anyway around this?

Thanks

CommJunkie

No. Frequencies end in either 0 or 5. Are you 100% sure of the frequency? 151.9375 or 151.0935 seem like more likely options, unless you have another space and can do 151.09375

bigdoggg

I have just took the time to verify with the FCC license. I am having the same problem with another frequency as well.
151.0925 MHz gets rounded to 151.09375 MHz
155.9025 MHz gets rounded to 155.90500 MHz

I am lost!

Thanks

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I have just took the time to verify with the FCC license. I am having the same problem with another frequency as well.
151.0925 MHz gets rounded to 151.09375 MHz
155.9025 MHz gets rounded to 155.90500 MHz

I am lost!

Thanks
Your GP360 is a European market radio. I am not 100% on European radios and frequencies, but it is quite possible that the GP360 can not do the newer 2.5KHz splinter channels thus you get the rounding. The other possibility is that European frequency steps are different from US. Either way, this is a major downside to trying to use radios manufactured for foreign markets in the US. That and they are most likely not type accepted for use in the US.

What version of the CPS are you using, and is it the US or European type?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Not sure... It is R03.08.03_EN. I am guessing this is a European type of CPS???
Yes, that is the European version of the CPS. I am unfamiliar with that, but it's possible that what you have isn't very recent.. There is a lot of that going around, and the results are not good.

FWIW, if you are using this radio in any Part 90 application, you may be setting yourself up for problems communicating with others. That is one of the many reasons that I advise people to stick with the US versions in the US. The market is flooded with used European radios these days. They may seem like a bargain until problems like yours crop up.

CommJunkie

Doing a little research, the newest version of the CPS I could find for GP360 is 03.16.00, which was in 2010.

CommJunkie

It could have been updated to allow those splinter channels. It could also be a firmware restriction in the radio itself, and the CPS may not make a difference. I don't know enough about the European radios to know for sure. Maybe someone else might.

Status
Not open for further replies.