• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GP380 TX Audio Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Just one question!
I know that no two radios are ever exactly the same. However, one of my GP380s has what I consider to be a muffled TX audio. More bass tone than the other radio. This causes me to have to have the volume higher on the receiving radio that is not muffled. Is there an internal AGC adjustment for TX audio? The software lets you adjust the sensitivity of the mic but thats it. It's like the radio is lacking a certain "punch" in the TX audio. This happens on both high and low power settings. Any suggestions?

Manny

Last edited:

Luis_R

Is your mic clear of debris, is one of your radios at a different split ( 12.5k or 25k ), or have you tried changing the front covers to see if the problem proceedes to the other radio? If it does you have a bad mic.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Is your mic clear of debris, is one of your radios at a different split ( 12.5k or 25k ), or have you tried changing the front covers to see if the problem proceedes to the other radio? If it does you have a bad mic.

The mic seems to be clear from what I can see. Both radios are on the same split (12.5K). I have not tried the front cover change but that is a very interesting idea. The audio is not distorted or anything, just muffled like someone has a really deep low voice. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try the cover swap!

Manny

DPapay

If they are similar to the HT line, also check the settings for "Compression Type", "Expansion Type", and "Emphasis Selection". They all must be set the same, in each portable. I am not familiar with the cps for these, so if you do not see what I am talking about, disregard this.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Problem Fixed!

I had to take it to a dealer to fix it. It was a bad mic and flex cirquit. Now the radio sounds like a motorola should sound on both TX and RX. I tried everything and I mean EVERYTHING on the software. Nothing!
Well. thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.