• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GP68 on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

conve36

Anyone know how the audio quality are on these? And I mean the audio quality on the recieving end (the radio the gp68 is transmitting to). I know that some of the other cheap hong kong radios found on ebay have horrible audio, sounding like the person transmitting from the hong kong radio has their hand coving their mouth (sounds muffled).

I was thinking because of the Motorola name, the audio may be better. But I know their is a huge difference between commercial (like my Saber 2) radios and bubble back motorola radios when it comes to quality...

For less than $70 on ebay 95% new (what the hell does that mean anyways) its almost worth it to buy and who cares if it lasts a year...

kd8jhc

I've been looking at these too... also the GP-380s which seem to be the European version of the HT-1250. I have a pair of old HT600s on VHF that I absolutely love. Anyone bought and used the gp-68 and/or gp-380? Or maybe even the gp-355?

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Anyone know how the audio quality are on these? And I mean the audio quality on the recieving end (the radio the gp68 is transmitting to). I know that some of the other cheap hong kong radios found on ebay have horrible audio, sounding like the person transmitting from the hong kong radio has their hand coving their mouth (sounds muffled).

I was thinking because of the Motorola name, the audio may be better. But I know their is a huge difference between commercial (like my Saber 2) radios and bubble back motorola radios when it comes to quality...

For less than $70 on ebay 95% new (what the hell does that mean anyways) its almost worth it to buy and who cares if it lasts a year...

I've had a GP68 for years. They're "ok". Audio quality is nothing special. It's a portable, and sounds like a portable. Better than some, not as good as others. Get one because they're cheap, or they're frequency agile, or because they're "Motorola". Don't get one because you want better audio quality. You'd be disappointed.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
The audio quality for a GP68 is nothing to get excited about. I would say that its "ok" as in, " you can hear the other voice" and thats about it. Its a great 5 watt cheapo that can cover a whole band.
When it says 95% new, (don't ask, this is what hong kong told me) it means that the radio is in new condition but old. So 5% was knocked off:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.