GPS for 436 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally46

Feed Provider
Yeah they don't show it in the picture, but when I received my UnidenGPS unit it came with another cable that plugs right into that big serial end and reduces it to the mini plug on the side of the 436.

ajcscan

Premium Subscriber
Can someone post pictures of the gps connector that actually plugs into the radio?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my Note 2 on Tapatalk

RF23

Premium Subscriber

I believe UPMan has stated here on RR in the last few weeks that the Uniden GPS now comes with the adapter cable needed for the 436 therefore, Wally46 no doubt is correct. However, did he buy his Uniden GPS from Scanner Master? Scanner Master may be getting rid of older inventory when you had to order both or maybe they have not updated their web site to reflect that the accessory cable is now included.

However, in August 2011 I had to buy BOTH the Uniden GPS & Accessory cable from Scanner Master for my 396XT. They were separate then.

The only sure way is to contact Scanner Master or order from a place that actually shows the Accessory cable as being included with the Uniden GPS.

The Accessory cable plugs into the connector on the cable that normally would go to the back of the 996T, 996XT, or BCD536HP. The other end of that same cable plugs into the side of the 436, HP-1, or the 396XT, as they all share the same connector for GPS.

I think I have seen a couple of U-Tube videos on using the Uniden GPS including how to hook it up.

emtLarmy15

My uniden GPS came with a connector that resembled a s-video connector and an adapter for 9pin (I have 536) and didn't come with any other connector. Ordered it with my 536 a few weeks ago from scanner master. Hope that might help...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.