GPS for 996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I'm going on a road trip this summer and i was wondering what is the least costly way to get a GPS for my 996xt?

scanchs

Here's one possibility...

I'm going on a road trip this summer and i was wondering what is the least costly way to get a GPS for my 996xt?

webstar22,

I have been very happy with the Garmin GPS 18x High-Sensitivity sensor. This device is a small puck that is 2.4 inches in diameter and weighs 3.5 ounces. The PC version of the 18x comes with a DB-9 pin serial connector and a 12 volt cigarette lighter adapter plug for power. The serial connector interfaces perfectly with the rear serial connector on the BCD996XT. These units cost ~$70 new on the Internet. It looks like this...

oem18pc.jpg

I hope you find this information helpful... :)

ScanCHS

lowerrollin

Feed Provider
I have the same garmin GPS connected to my 996t and have to say it works well. The only negative is (on mine) the cables are a bit short. Not a problem if u set the gps inside on a dash, but to mount it on the roof, and try to somewhat conceal the wires.....

ph03nix42

ScannerMaster makes a really good and cheap one, check out their site... I've got their SpectrumForce on my 396XT and it grabs satellites in no time

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
BUT !
I have hook up the GPS, the cable is fine the radio shows GPS connected, my sites and systems have GSP enabled I have over lapping radius I have the LAT/LONG set - which is different for each site/systems as i travel is it supposed to switch? when does it switch? within the radius before afetr??????????/
it aint working for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.