• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GPS for GM300

Status
Not open for further replies.

rochele1

Hi to Experts

I was thinking is there any module or plugin which i connect to my gm300 and send my current location over VHF freq. and a machine in the base to recieve the cordination ?

because most of the active gps are sending data by a sim , if we calculate daily the gps will send 200 sms , and each sms costs $0.1 so it would be $20 daily which is really high annualy ,

so i thought VHF Freq. can be used as infrastructure and a gps machine which sends current cordination over the infrastructure can be good scenario ,

if you all have an idea please help me

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

APRS. Argent data makes devices that can be interfaced with VHF equipment, and send position data.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Plenty of the manufacturers support AVL in all bands. I have installed many different models. I would contact your local radio shop and ask them what they sell and start there. Normally the software is the most expensive part of the system.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
If you have an amateur radio license, research APRS, or Automatic Position Reporting System
If you are not an amateur, do a search on AVL, or Automatic Vehicle Location.

Both systems will do what you want to do.

tcb0001

GPS for GP, GM Motorola

Be advised that few GP and GM series radios were built to operate at the recently mandated 12 khz. band width.
Most are built for 25 khz. and illegal to use in any service other than Amateur radio. That's why there are so many on the used market. They may cause interference to other licensed services. I had to replace about 50 of them with new radios.
I know I may be raining on your parade but not not as much as a letter from the FCC would.

Your over all concept is sound and fairly easy to implement but you may need something a bit newer that can be reprogrammed such at the next newer 1225 series.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Be advised that few GP and GM series radios were built to operate at the recently mandated 12 khz. band width.

Most are built for 25 khz. and illegal to use in any service other than Amateur radio. That's why there are so many on the used market. They may cause interference to other licensed services. I had to replace about 50 of them with new radios.

I know I may be raining on your parade but not not as much as a letter from the FCC would.

Your over all concept is sound and fairly easy to implement but you may need something a bit newer that can be reprogrammed such at the next newer 1225 series.

And based on the grammar, spelling errors and sentence syntax, I am guessing the OP is NOT in the USA... Where the FCC has zero jurisdiction... The FCC narrow band mandate ONLY applies to the USA.

Please remember this forum attracts people from all over the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
And based on the grammar, spelling errors and sentence syntax, I am guessing the OP is NOT in the USA... Where the FCC has zero jurisdiction... The FCC narrow band mandate ONLY applies to the USA.

Please remember this forum attracts people from all over the world

Well said.

Before lecturing anybody on regulations, find out where they are located or at least add a proviso to your advice that they should check with the local authorities before putting the radio in service.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber

Please remember this forum attracts people from all over the world.
Well said.

Before lecturing anybody on regulations, find out where they are located or at least add a proviso to your advice that they should check with the local authorities before putting the radio in service.
I did a little poking around to refresh my memory. Our OP is in the Dominican Republic. That sort of explains why he has radios like the GM300. The FCC in its infinite wisdom has rendered these fine radios obsolete in the US so that folks like our friend rochele1 here can pick them up for pennies on the dollar even with shipping costs.

rochele1

thanks to all for analyzing me , yes i'm in dominican republic and we do not follow FCC , here people are not interested in digital radios because those radios are expensive , we are not rich like you guys , we still believe analog system is better due to low costs of maintenance and equipment.

so if you guys have any idea how to find a way for doing this i would appreciate .

regarding AVR i have surfed internet but the problem for someone like me is that i'm not looking for the conecpts or systems , i look for turn-key solution , a company which sells the board or something to install and boom , it works .

by the way thanks to all you guys ,

tcb0001

GM GP GPS

Didn't realize you were in Dominican Republic. My wife is from Philippines and the same pretty much goes there. The GM and GP series are very good radios and should serve you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.