Gps help for 325p2

ronedog

I need a bit of guidance...tried searching google and this form but couldn't quite figure out what I need.

I want to try using my uniden bcd325p2 with my current gps (garmin 60csx). What do I need to do to make this work? Seems like I'll need a cable to connect the two, but I dont know which one...wondering if anyone here could point me in the right direction or knows which one to get. Thx

wtp

i was going to look for some stuff...but then i thought...

you do know that you have to set up EVERYTHING that you want to use the GPS with right ?

ronedog

When u say everything, what do u mean? I know I need to download the systems into the 325p2, I used pro scan to help, but is there something on the gps device I need to do too? I'll try to find info in the manual.

wtp

if i wanted to go through 10 counties i would need to set those 10 into the radio.
if you travel a lot i would recommend the other unidens that have the entire country in them and also use GPS.
i also sent a PM, if you see the envelope on the top right of this page.

wtp

wtp

the cable
i don't like that i don't see the 325 on there, maybe give them a call.

from uniden USA

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
You can get this cable. CABLE
And this gps. GPS

It works perfectly. Also works with SDS100. I made some cable mods and made one that works with either the SDS100 or 325P2 and 436HP or 396XT at the same time. It will also power 1 of the scanners with the GPS using USB power.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
i don't like that i don't see the 325 on there, maybe give them a call.
-
The Uniden USB-1 cable is not compatible with the BCD325P2. The BCD325P2 uses a mini USB port for connection at the scanner.

ronedog

Thank you for the replies.

In looking at the garmin 60csx manual all it says is the output/input is NMEA1083. It doesnt say anything about an RS232 connection. I have a cable that came with the 60csx which connects to the computer that terminates with usb.

I've read up on the 325p2 manual, but I need a cable that works.

I dont travel much, but when I do, I dont mind putting in a few more systems into the 325p2...so I was hoping to leverage my existing 60csx gps without having to buy another gps for now...maybe down the road I'll buy a nationwide gps scanner for my truck.

Do cables exist that work with the 60csx that would connect it to my 325p2?

ronedog

You can get this cable. CABLE
And this gps. GPS

It works perfectly. Also works with SDS100. I made some cable mods and made one that works with either the SDS100 or 325P2 and 436HP or 396XT at the same time. It will also power 1 of the scanners with the GPS using USB power.
Can u explain more on what you did to modify to make it work with 325p2? Thx

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
The two items I listed in Post #8 work very well together as is and is much cheaper than the full kit. Plus, it is powered from a USB port. No mods necessary. I made mods to allow it to connect to other scanners at the same time. It took some tedious soldering and new connectors.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
Good points..."saving a buck" has cost me in the past. Looks like I'll try that gps puck and cable route and give my gps to my boy. Thx again for your help!
The cable and puck work great. You just have to make sure that your sites/talk groups have GPS coordinates in your scanner. They have to have that for the GPS to work properly. Plus you have to make sure that "GPS ENABLE" is on for each site/talk group.

ronedog

Ah...thanks mo
The cable and puck work great. You just have to make sure that your sites/talk groups have GPS coordinates in your scanner. They have to have that for the GPS to work properly. Plus you have to make sure that "GPS ENABLE" is on for each site/talk group.
Ah...thanks for explaining this...I didn't know...I see in proscan software where I can check those boxes...and it looks like all my sites have GPS coordinates in there...makes sense now...thanks for pointing that out.