• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Gps needed

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
You'd need that cable regardless of whether you got the Amazon puck, or ordered Uniden's GPS. The Uniden GPS works as is for scanners such as the 436HP, 396XT, and others, but that specific cable is required for either the SDS100 or 325P2. The puck from Amazon is considerably cheaper than the Uniden GPS kit.

eaf1956

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking of both just waiting for some funds to get them. Than I have to try it out when I get it.
Just buy the GPS puck designed for the SDS 200. The one for the SDS 100 and other scanner won't work without modifications. The SDS 200 GPS is the same one used with the CB/Scanner Uniden sells. It is a one cable solution that gets power from the scanner so you don't need any external power source.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just buy the GPS puck designed for the SDS 200. The one for the SDS 100 and other scanner won't work without modifications. The SDS 200 GPS is the same one used with the CB/Scanner Uniden sells. It is a one cable solution that gets power from the scanner so you don't need any external power source.
The OP noted that he was inquiring about an SDS100, so the SDS200 GPS kit would not work. But, yes, you would essentially need two different GPS setups if adding GPS capability to both an SDS200 and SDS100.

eaf1956

Premium Subscriber
The OP noted that he was inquiring about an SDS100, so the SDS200 GPS kit would not work. But, yes, you would essentially need two different GPS setups if adding GPS capability to both an SDS200 and SDS100.
Sorry I misread his post. Disregard my post

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Bravo,
I have that puck and cable, and they do work well on my SDS100.
I've been looking on Amazon at that same puck. I'm hoping somebody comes out with one made for the SDS200 even though I really don't need one since mine isn't likely going to be mobile. I had thought about getting one of the advertised pucks for my SDS100 even though I already have the Uniden set up. It might be worth it just to have one as a backup or be able to use it on something like my BCD436HP and / or SDS100. I'm just wondering if there might be any problems and I'm going to wait to see how the reviews on the Amazon advertised product works out. So far it looks like most people have been happy with it on their SDS100 scanners. As long as it works, you really can't go wrong for $40.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see or catch.

Brian (COMMSCAN)

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I've been looking on Amazon at that same puck. I'm hoping somebody comes out with one made for the SDS200 even though I really don't need one since mine isn't likely going to be mobile. I had thought about getting one of the advertised pucks for my SDS100 even though I already have the Uniden set up. It might be worth it just to have one as a backup or be able to use it on something like my BCD436HP and / or SDS100. I'm just wondering if there might be any problems and I'm going to wait to see how the reviews on the Amazon advertised product works out. So far it looks like most people have been happy with it on their SDS100 scanners. As long as it works, you really can't go wrong for $40.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sent using Google Voice to Text. Please excuse any errors I could not see or catch.

Brian (COMMSCAN)
sds200 gps UNIDEN CB-GPSK GPS, CBGPSK