BCD436HP: GPS not registering to scanner

Sam16

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I have the Uniden BCD436HP Scanner and just got the Uniden GPSK BC-SGPS to scan with GPS while I travel. It’s not evening registering the gps as “gps” isn’t popping up in the bottom of the screen once connected. Everything is connected properly as I have the scanner connected to a cigarette adapter via usb powering the device and the GPS cable connected directly from the scanner to the converter. Any ideas why it’s not working? Could really use some help!

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
From page 24 of the Uniden manual:

Set Up GPS – Sets the location format, serial port baud rate, and units.
Location Format
DMS DD˚MM’SS.ss or DEG DD.dddddd.
Set Serial Port. Default is 4800 bps for GPS device.
Off, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, or 115200 bps.

So if 9600 isn't working, you might try 4800. (I think 9600 is the SDS 200.)

Sam16

Premium Subscriber
From what I’ve researched. It should say GPS on the bottom of the scanner screen when everything is connected. I’ll give this a try and see if it registers. Thanks for your help!

tvengr

Well Known Member
From what I’ve researched. It should say GPS on the bottom of the scanner screen when everything is connected.
It all depends how the screen is programmed. I have GPS at the top of mine. You can do this to find out where it is: MENU > Scroll to Display Options > Press E > Scroll to Customize > Press E > Scroll to the screen you are using (Each screen is customizable. If you wish to view the quick key status, you will primarily be using Detail Conventional and Detail Trunk.) Press E > The location of GPS will be visible if programmed. You can press MENU to back up to switch screens. When completed, you can press AVOID to exit the menus.