GPS puck Baud rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I have 2 SDS 200 scanners one uses a factory GPS puck which is 9600 Baud. The other has a homebrew GPS puck which is 4800 Baud. The only issue I have is when using Sentinel one or the other scanner gets set to the wrong Baud rate.

I have seen other users on here say that their factory GPS puck is 4800 Baud. The question becomes are there different versions of the factory puck? Both of my pucks work fine but once in a while I don't notice the GPS isn't being displayed so I have to change the Baud rate after using Sentinel.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
You can set the baud rate via the front panel on the SDS200, just go to the Menu, then Set Your Location, then Set Up GPS, then Set Serial Port, and select the correct baud rate for your GPS. Also, I'll have to test this to be sure, but if you read from your scanner prior to updating, and writing your favorites and database back to the scanner, it should retain the current settings in the profile. I can't remember if that's the case, like I said.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
You can set the baud rate via the front panel on the SDS200, just go to the Menu, then Set Your Location, then Set Up GPS, then Set Serial Port, and select the correct baud rate for your GPS. Also, I'll have to test this to be sure, but if you read from your scanner prior to updating, and writing your favorites and database back to the scanner, it should retain the current settings in the profile. I can't remember if that's the case, like I said.
I know I have to do that on one or the other depending on which is set in Sentinel. Be nice if both GPS units were the same Baud rate.

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
I know I have to do that on one or the other depending on which is set in Sentinel. Be nice if both GPS units were the same Baud rate.

OK, now I see what your issue is. The only other way to retain the settings is to use two different Profile files, one for each SDS200, and then make sure you select the right one each time you update. Let me know what you work out. I used to have all kinds of problems between my BCD536HP and my BCD436HP because I didn't realize that the profile from the 536 was loading into the 436, which set the volume all the way up, and messed up a couple other settings. Now I have an SDS200, SDS100, and the 536, so they each have their own profile that I save and load from.

-

alphaacres

Premium Subscriber
With the SDS200 I am having issues latitude and longitude displaying all the time baud rate is set to 9600 I am using Uniden GPS puck.
My SDS100 works great with the older version of GPS Uniden puck same display set up.

cognetic

Premium Subscriber
With the SDS200 I am having issues latitude and longitude displaying all the time baud rate is set to 9600 I am using Uniden GPS puck.
My SDS100 works great with the older version of GPS Uniden puck same display set up.

Same issue here... The SDS200 seems to be working per se (except for a particularly annoying issue with a specific simulcast system which also occurs on a SDS100)... it just doesn’t display the coordinates on the SDS200.

-cognetic

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Do you not want to display the coordinates? If not you can take them off the display. Then all you will see is the GPS displayed. Otherwise, they are displayed whenever the GPS is locked on. If no lock on it will display No GPS where the LAT is set to display.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Same issue here... The SDS200 seems to be working per se (except for a particularly annoying issue with a specific simulcast system which also occurs on a SDS100)... it just doesn’t display the coordinates on the SDS200.

-cognetic
If you want LAT/LONG to display customize your display to add them.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
One set to display the other set to not display
3803bb28af5f66685a52c6b7e8cb5769.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.