GPS scanning with 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
One more question regarding this subject and it's about programming Freescan software for proper GPS setup with this scanner. In a trunked system I need to enable GPS for all of my sites only, and in a conventional system I need to enable GPS for all of my groups within that system. Is this correct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Conventional Systems: You are correct - set GPS for each group that you wish to come on/go off based on your location.

Trunked Systems: Also correct with an "And". Set GPS for each site you wish to come on/go off based on your location. The "And"::groups within trunked systems also have the ability to be associated with a location if desired. There is a check box in the upper right hand corner of Freescan to enable location based scanning for groups within trunked systems.

A null modem is definitely needed. I found out the hard way that simple "gender changes" don't work. Another problem I had was that the baud rate in my scanner wasn't set correctly, so that's something to be mindful of.

Last edited:

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
All needed parts are in place now and am happy to report GPS scanning with my 396xt is working just fine. Thanks to those who offered help, appreciate it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Awesome!

Don't forget to update your Scan New England thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.