HP-2: GPS Setup - Best to Location Favorites or Scan Category?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

Wanting to setup my HP-2 with a new GPS coming in. Want to be able to drive and use the GPS to scan close by Police and HwyPatrol.

Have not really looked a lot into this - but is the best way - say if I want TX DPS (Hwy Patrol) to add them all in as a favorite in Sentinel and then click on the Location checkbox And upload to HP-2?

OR

Simply Scan that agency via selective scan and turn on GPS.

Sorry the GPS thing is new to me and need to know what I need to pre-setup before I travel.

Thanks,
Rich

@MarkSmith @W8RMH @Upman

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You can copy systems you want to monitor to a Favorite List, but you must enable Location Control in the Favorite List settings, or every site in every system in the Favorite List will be scanned, and the scanner will waste a lot of time looking for signals it can't hear.

If there are only certain agencies you want to monitor, copy the system(s) that they use to a Favorite List, enable Location Control, write to the scanner, and connect your GPS and go have fun.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Thanks a BUNCH !!

I will work on this tonight and see how it goes...
Great info.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Still Confused....

Still Confused - Would love to see screenshots or is there any videos out there.

I edit the Favorites List - Choose a Group (by County) and it has a Location tab but don't see how to turn it On. It is Circular but haven't engaged anything.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The Location Control setting is in the Favorite List settings, not in System or Department settings.

wbswetnam

I used to have an HP-1 and I used it with the GPS when I traveled. I found that it worked best when I had the service types set for only 'police dispatch' and 'fire dispatch', with range set to 0.0. Then it would scan only a very limited number of frequencies and systems, and not hundreds of frequencies completely in vain.

Status
Not open for further replies.