GPS to 436 HP question.... Setting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETR

I just recived my Uniden436 scanner and totally love it. My question are: (1) does scanner Antena have to be on scanner when using GPS? ----(2) is round GPS puck LED Light supposed to stay blinking on all the time when plugged up to scanner ? and (3) on scanner screen, what does "DATA" indicate when it appears on and off------ should it read "DATA" on screen constantly? (4) is there any thing in "setting" that I have to change....turn on or off ?
Thank you for reading my post, any help will be appreciated. God Bless

TedRHayes

I just recived my Uniden436 scanner and totally love it. My question are: (1) does scanner Antena have to be on scanner when using GPS? ----(2) is round GPS puck LED Light supposed to stay blinking on all the time when plugged up to scanner ? and (3) on scanner screen, what does "DATA" indicate when it appears on and off------ should it read "DATA" on screen constantly? (4) is there any thing in "setting" that I have to change....turn on or off ?
Thank you for reading my post, any help will be appreciated. God Bless

(1) The GPS typically has a built-in antenna (i.e., the PUCK) to receive the GPS signals which are in the 1-2 GHz range - you still need the antenna on/connected to your scanner to receive signals.

(2) Not sure what GPS you are using, so can't tell you how it should behave. Was there any documentation with it?

(3) When scanning though trunked systems, the "DAT" will come on when the Control Channel for a given system is active and transmitting channel assignment data (this may only be for digital systems). I wouldn't expect it to be on continuously.

(4) The only thing you might need to set is in the MENU/Set Your Location/Set Up GPS. The defaults will probably work unless there is something unique with your GPS (check its documentation).

Hope you are enjoying it.

Ted

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
2. Typically GPS "pucks" indicators flash once per second while receiving from the GPS satellites.

ETR

Thank you TedRHayes and Upman for your respond. The type of GPS I ordered from Amazon with the Uniden 436 Sanner is a Uniden GPS receiver kit BC-GPSK ---your input makes it very clear to me as to I should expect. Thanks for your kindness. God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.