BCD436HP/BCD536HP: GPS/USB port cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8lgz

I looked through all of the threads on the 436HP and didn't see a post concerning this. I've had my 436 for just over a week and have only one complaint...the rubber GPS/USB port cover; it flops open easily. I've looked at three different radios and they all have this issue. The cover is too narrow for the tabs to latch it closed properly. I would like to see Uniden make the cover a few mils wider so that it will fill the opening better and not flop open so easily. Otherwise, I love the 436!

Jim, W8LGZ

BCD436HP
BCD396XT
HomePatrol 1
PSR-600

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I looked through all of the threads on the 436HP and didn't see a post concerning this. I've had my 436 for just over a week and have only one complaint...the rubber GPS/USB port cover; it flops open easily. I've looked at three different radios and they all have this issue. The cover is too narrow for the tabs to latch it closed properly. I would like to see Uniden make the cover a few mils wider so that it will fill the opening better and not flop open so easily. Otherwise, I love the 436!

Jim, W8LGZ

BCD436HP
BCD396XT
HomePatrol 1
PSR-600

So, I'm not the only one with this problem. Thought I may have gotten a defective unit. What has helped me a little bit was to pull on / stretch the tab some. Doing that a few times seems to have helped some. It's still a loose fit, but it's no longer flopping open from the slightest of touches.

:)

w8lgz

BCD436HP GPS/USB port cover

NWI,

Nope, you're not the only one. Looks like maybe an oversight in design. Maybe they'll produce a better fitting one and offer it as a free upgrade to current owners? Time will tell.

Jim, W8LGZ

BCD436HP
BCD396XT
HomePatrol 1
PSR-600

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Since I keep mine plugged in to power and a GPS, I removed mine...but did have the same problem before I did. Just kept flopping open.

blackmonte

Same here. I was using a left angle 90 deg mini usb cable for the car but using it bends the flap all the way down and it sure don't won't to go back and stay in position after cable is removed.

I've seen complaints of dust specs getting inside the display. I wonder if dust could be entering through the ports or the antenna opening?

brucewarming

To tight

I have a problem getting my fingernail to pull it open, as far as closing it I have to bow it, put the top in and then slide my finger along the length to seat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.