• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

"Grab bag" of random mobile CBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FPR1981

My buddy Jim and I take turns acquiring CB gear that we clean up/tune up and sell. Last night we unboxed a lot of mobiles that we won at auction for $106, and there were some unusual pieces in there.

We ended up with two really nice Sears Roadtalker 40s, complete with mounting brackets and proprietary power plugs; a nice Montgomery Ward 40 channel, a Roadmaster RE-8000 40-channel mobile; a really interesting looking Comex CCB-770 (not to be confused with Connex) with a chrome, black and glass front that is in almost mint condition; a working Cobra 29 XLR (late 70s, nice condition, and works), a 40-channel Realistic and over a half dozen working hand mics and a Turner Plus II. There was also a working Midland mobile there that I can't remember for sure, but it made a high-pitched whine in the receive that did NOT carry over into the modulation.

Working the volume knob off and on, the whining sound would come and go.

A couple of the gems of this lot, with videos of testing, will fetch as much or more as we paid for the lot. Anyone ever heard of that Comex? CB tricks has next to nothing on it. It's built very well, and has a volume roll for the radio on the 6-pin mic.

PACNWDude

Have an old Courier 23 CB myself.....always great to put it on the air, alongside a newer Cobra 29...….the audio on the courier sounds better. Old CB radios can definitely be a bug for some people.

slowmover

Bought a ROBYN GT-7C from Larry’s CB (McKinney, TX) after some TLC a couple of years ago. He’d acquired it from the original owners estate.

BFO & channel-changing microphone (ker-chunk).

It’s now the Campground Radio in my travel trailer.
Short-range window antenna (for now).

I’ve the same brand of travel trailer as did my father & grandfather. Both had 1970s radios of similar quality.
A nostalgia buy.

Great audio!!

(stock photo; mines a tad nicer

6F38F861-498B-41AA-A2E8-6B2BEC3F116E.jpeg

FPR1981

I am working a deal for a Robyn T-240D right now, actually. Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.