Grand County Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanchale

Does anybody have any frequencies not listed in the database for grand county? In the last 2 days I have heard cops say meet me on Tac 6.

Thanks

-Evan

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody have any frequencies not listed in the database for grand county? In the last 2 days I have heard cops say meet me on Tac 6.

Thanks

-Evan

Mostly DTRS these days, less and less simucast on VHF is that what your monitoring?

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried TG 8896? I have that listed as Tac-6 but it's at least partially enc.

Jim<

8885 Grand County MAC
8886 Grand County Law Dispatch
8887 Grand County EMS Tac-1
8888 Grand County EMS Tac-2
8890 Grand County Sheriff TAC-1*
8891 Grand County Sheriff TAC-2*
8892 Grand County Sheriff TAC-3
8893 Grand County SAR?
8896 Grand County Sheriff TAC-6 -enc?-

evanchale

Thank you guys. I had a guy in my area tell me his home patrol picked this channel up. he wasn't sure what it was and a few firefighters told him it was TAC 6. Haven't even thought about it until I heard a cop come across this weekend and say so and so meet me on Tac 6.

CharlieKe

Revisiting this old thread, recently I am hearing GCSO officers say "go to TAC-6" quite often. This may well be an encrypted TG, however curiously I never hear anything encrypted or otherwise. This is on a 996XT in ID Search and with nothing locked out. Could the 996XT be ignoring encrypted channels, or is something else going on here?

I have also heard "go to TAC-4" a few times and then heard nothing as well.

soundchaser

Revisiting this old thread, recently I am hearing GCSO officers say "go to TAC-6" quite often. This may well be an encrypted TG, however curiously I never hear anything encrypted or otherwise. This is on a 996XT in ID Search and with nothing locked out. Could the 996XT be ignoring encrypted channels, or is something else going on here?

I have also heard "go to TAC-4" a few times and then heard nothing as well.

Yes, the 996XT ignores encrypted talk groups. They can be logged (i.e. Pro96Com), but they can't be scanned/searched.

Last edited:

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
Yes, the 996XT ignores encrypted talk groups. They can be logged (i.e. Pro96Com), but they can't be scanned/searched.

Mine stops on encrypted talk groups when searching. If they are not already locked out, your scanner should still stop on an enc talkgroup.

evanchale

Does anybody know what this frequency belongs to? 851.4375 it was coming across as encrypted but all my scanner said was Grand County. Usually it says Tac or dispatch...

CharlieKe

Others more knowledgable that I will probably jump in here to help, but I am happy to give it a shot. Where are you and what type of scanner are you using?

evanchale

Winter Park. Radioshack pro 106. I think it is TAC 5. Dispatch paged out an ambulance to fire training for standby. Im thinking they are using TAC 5 to communicate. Grand FPD(fire department?) lights up every once in awhile as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.