Grand forks Air Force base

Status
Not open for further replies.

plunak

I have a bcd536hp and cannot get grand forks Air Force base to come in. Any help would be awesome.

nd5y

Way more information is needed.
How did you program the 536HP?
Did you program what is in the database?
Are you trying to listen to the trunked system or aviation frequencies?

plunak

I downloaded program that was in data base, I used sentinel, I would like to listen to everything. Thank you

plunak

I notice in rr the tag is trs, what does that mean, I cannot find trs in the service menu.

nd5y

I can't really help with Sentinel becaue I have never used it.

TRS is Trunked Radio System.

Grand Forks AFB frequencies are not in the database. I couldn't find any on the state or county pages.
Most of the air traffic control frequencies can be found at: Flight Service
You will most likely have to search the aircraft bands and find the military aircraft non-ATC frequencies yourself.

The base public safety and support services are probably on Site 1-10 of this nationwide USAF P25 trunked radio system:
There is only one talkgroup ID listed for Grand Forks AFB. A base that size probably has 100 or more of them. You will have to search and find them yourself. There is a chance that some talkgroups are encrypted. If so you will not be able to receive them.

There is another older Motorola Type II trunked system in the database:
This system was probably converted to P25 (the USAF 157 system above) and probably no longer exists.

icemantim8

Premium Subscriber
1 (1)010 (A)Grand Forks AFBGrand Forks, ND406.500c406.550a406.775a407.075a407.175407.250407.350

Hi. Here are your frequencies for your system. I am at work and haven't used Sentinel for a long time. I have 5 military installations in my city. Don't worry about putting in talk groups for the time being. Enter these frequencies and see what you can hear. You want to enter as P25.
Let me know if I can be of further help.

Tim
KC5RYY

plunak

1 (1)010 (A)Grand Forks AFBGrand Forks, ND406.500c406.550a406.775a407.075a407.175407.250407.350

Hi. Here are your frequencies for your system. I am at work and haven't used Sentinel for a long time. I have 5 military installations in my city. Don't worry about putting in talk groups for the time being. Enter these frequencies and see what you can hear. You want to enter as P25.
Let me know if I can be of further help.

Tim
KC5RYY
Thanks I will give it a try.

BM82557

The RRDB entry hasn't been updated in a long time --

Screenshot - 10_8_2020 , 07_13_37.png

I wouldn't be surprised if the base is using a P25 system now.

plunak

Thanks I will give it a try.
I don’t know if I programmed the frequency’s in correctly but so far I’m hearing nothing, I’m new to this, I probably didn’t program them in right, I tried p25, anyway any info would be great and thanks to everyone for their help.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
I don’t know if I programmed the frequency’s in correctly but so far I’m hearing nothing, I’m new to this, I probably didn’t program them in right, I tried p25, anyway any info would be great and thanks to everyone for their help.
Do you have any software to download from the database and send it to the radio?

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber

plunak

Thank you, I do get action off those frequencies, I’ll have to pay more attention.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'd program in the Grand Forks trunked system with only the Grand Forks site. Then set the scanner to ID search ON. That way it is seeking out new/unlisted TGIDs.

The big question is how far away are you from Grand Forks AFB? They may have designed the system so that it has a small coverage footprint - just the air base itself.

As noted above, you have the commercial airport, Grand Forks, with the typical traffic, plus the student pilots from UND.

Also, you have the Red River Control tower which is for the air base and all of its aviation traffic. See: AirNav: KRDR - Grand Forks Air Force Base

Though its been over 10 years ago, my mother lived in East Grand Forks. I believe I programmed the old air base trunked system, but did not hear much traffic. In fact scanning is probably not a great hobby in that area as it is not too busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.