Grand Traverse County

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAbirdman

Helping someone with a 1065 trying to get this system going. Using PSREdit500 I've tried both Grand Traverse system and then just Traverse City tower with no success. They have a Phone App and its talking up a storm. One night the local PD was down the street and the 1065 was scanning and the phone was talking!
I don't have good luck with getting this systems to work at times. Had issues a while ago for a unit in Va Bch, Va. Eventually got it but it was trial and error. PITA.
Anyone have the magic set up for this county?

Thanks

GeneseeCoMI

Helping someone with a 1065 trying to get this system going. Using PSREdit500 I've tried both Grand Traverse system and then just Traverse City tower with no success. They have a Phone App and its talking up a storm. One night the local PD was down the street and the 1065 was scanning and the phone was talking!
I don't have good luck with getting this systems to work at times. Had issues a while ago for a unit in Va Bch, Va. Eventually got it but it was trial and error. PITA.
Anyone have the magic set up for this county?

Thanks

Did you set it as a Project 25 (digital) trunked system? In case you're unaware, they switched to the MPSCS earlier this year and abandoned their old VHF frequencies.

Last edited:

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
There are several tower sites on the MPSCS that cover Grand Traverse County, and depending on where the listener is located, they may not be able to receive all of them, due to the hilly terrain of the area. Traverse City, being right on the bay, basically sits in the bottom of a bowl, and that area has hills galore.

Again, depending on where this listener is, check the coverage of every site in Grand Traverse County as well as those in Benzie, Leelanau, Kalkaska, & Antrim.

Last edited:

TAbirdman

Thanks guys.
Using the PSREdit 500 import function the systems came in as P25 and set to AUTO. Poking around a little more last night it seems that the Traverse City tower is the closest so I used the CC for that tower. Still no joy.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Typically I have seen when people program their own is to just put in the frequencies as conventional - analog. So you would essentially have no idea who is talking.
Try it like this, way I have it. You can see I also change the text. ;)

You can also under 'multisite mode' try the roam, stat find what works. Since I put in the control frequencies to both towers I set it to Stat. That way if some agencies use one tower and not the other you'll get it all and also if you go someplace you might be out of range of one of the towers but able to get the other.

Make sure under the weather/advanced tab to set 'Signal bar strength values' to the ws1065.

Then under general configuration you can right click under the 'scanlists' change the description for in this example scanlist 1 to 'Grand Traverse'

Scanlist 2 could be used for all the conventional analog frequencies in the county.

Too bad he lives up there in snow country hehe and being a couple hours away, I could show personally how to do it, but I think the pictures should do it.
Untitled%201.jpg

Untitled%202.jpg

Gpmorris62

Premium Subscriber
On Ronaldski's screen shot, he has the control channels for the Traverse City & South Boardman towers.
Another tower to consider is the Interlochen tower, which is only a quarter-mile west of the Grand Traverse/Benzie county line. The control channels there are 853.5875c & 852.900a.

Status
Not open for further replies.