• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Grandfathered GMRS Entities by Zip Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Good stuff! I was able to find out that the person who told me he had a grandfathered license on 462.650 doesn't!

KX4KDH

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Pssh. That list is WAY out of date.

KX4KDH

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

No biggie

Last edited:

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
you still need his promission though right?

Yea you do. I knew the guy who owned the repeater, I went to ask him permission and he told me no because he had "clients" on that repeater and he had a license for that freq that was grandfathered in. Turned out he lied about his grandfathered status. The repeater is rarely active any way. I've only heard two people who where responding to a fire call on it a few times they never ID with a call sign...

talkpair

I noticed one for Montgomery Ward, in Lenexa, Kansas.

The company has been out of business for years.

When I did a search on KAD8723, the FCC site showed it expired in 1999.

Chances are, many others on the list are expired as well.

From the looks of the callsign, it would have been originally issued in the early to mid 1980's.

It's odd that they would have chosen the GMRS service to put the business on, when they were eligible to license in the business radio services.

Status
Not open for further replies.