Granite Falls PD frequency change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakefan

Premium Subscriber
Did Granite Falls, NC move to the Viper system, or some other channel? Seems I no longer hear them dispatched on the Caldwell County VHF dispatch frequency. (155.565)

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
If they are dispatched out by Caldwell County Sheriff Dept try VIPER ID of 37920...that is "CALDSODISP" or Caldwell County Sheriff Dispatch...

You should also try Viper ID 37984...I am showing that as being assigned to "GRANITEPDOPS" or Granite PD Ops....you should also try 38480...that is "GRANITEPDADMIN" or Granite PD Admin....
Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:

lakefan

Premium Subscriber
Which control channel / site for Granite Falls

Thanks for the info Marshall - I'll program the old PRO-96 and give it a try.

I read somewhere that there's a VIPER site (maybe it's just a remote receiver) on the Granite Falls water tower. Nearest sites I see on RR are the Baker Mountain or Anderson Mountain sites.

Anyone who may have tried monitoring these guys, feel free to share any further info you have.

Chuck

pboy

Granite Falls PD is working off their OPS talkgroup 37984.

Hudson PD often uses their OPS 38192 as does Caldwell SO on their DISP 37920.

Caldwell EOC contacts Granite Falls on the GPD TG.

All are digital mode.

Hibriten Mtn. is the best site to hear all this activity from. Control channel is 868.3250, site 13 in Zone 4 (SysID C92D).

Linville, High Peak, Baker catch some of the radios also.

lakefan

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info folks. I'll be visiting Granite Falls this weekend and want to listen in. I guess I'll program in the Anderson, Baker and Hibriten control channels and see which works best. I'd still like to figure out if there is a site on the Granite Falls water tower (local newspaper says there is) and what that control channel frequency might be. (because I'm line of site to that tower when I'm down there.)

A

ACU1000

lake fan - where do you go "when you are down there"

I just bought some lake property there and want to move there asap ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.