Grant Co VHF Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffemt25

Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone,

I'd like to put Grant Co in my digital scanner yet I'm unsure on how to program it into it. I have a PRO-197. also heard talk of them going to the SIRN in the next few months.

Let me restate this, I know how to program my scanner I'm just unsure of how to put Grants system into it. is it like the IRP system or different.

Last edited:

Bubba1661

WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Do you have the Control Channel and other operating frequencies? If you run Pro96com, You can find all the information on the system.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi Dan,

conventional P25 is quite simple. Just add the conventional frequency like you would add any other conventional frequency. We don't have a known NAC for most of those P25 frequencies, so mmaybe you'd just add the frequencies and leave the Squelch Mode set to P25 and the P25 NAC set to Search.

That way, it'll only trigger on a P25 signal, and it will display the NAC when they are transmitting. Then, once you know what the NAC is you can set "P25 NAC" to that specific NAC if you want. I just figured if you set Squelch Mode to P25 and P25 NAC to Search, then you can possibly be able to discover NACs for some of the P25 frequencies for which we do not have NACs listed.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.