Grant Co - VHF operations as of year 2010 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Folks,

This is a new thread based upon an old thread. I felt it best to not re-hash the old thread as I think a new thread discussing relevant data of today, is important. If a moderator feels otherwise, please forgive me.

Original thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/we...-grant-county-system-buildout.html#post662154

The above thread is old. But it is time to revisit Grant Co with renewed vigor / enthusiasm. Please read the posts in the thread above. Below I am going to post some frequency information that is based upon:

a. older information from the thread listed above
b. a recent submission that we have received at RR
c. information from FCC records

The submission we recently received does not clarify a lot of things (it lists the agency using the freqency, but not the purpose of the frequency (Dispatch, TAC, etc) nor the mode (100% digital, 100% analog, mixed and analog and digital).

I do not want to piece together bits and pieces and try to guess at the data. We need accurate input from people in / surrounding Grant Co who do monitor one or more of the frequencies below. We need verified information -- basically agency, use, PL/DPL/NAC code, whether it is being used in mixed mode or has 100% digital or analog traffic.

I would appreciate your help if you are in the Grant Co area and can shed some light on the activity [or lack of activity] on the frequencies listed below.

Code:
Law Enforcement
===============
155.6625		FB	Grant Co Law - North (Bayard)
154.295  / 156.09	FB2	Grant Co Law - Central (Mt Storm)
154.68			FB	Grant Co Law - South (Petersburg)

Fire & EMS
==========
151.0775		FB	Grant Co Fire - North (Bayard)
151.0625 / 154.65   P25	FB2	Grant Co Fire Operations - Central (Mt Storm)
154.1375		FB	Grant Co Fire - South (Petersburg)

154.935			FB	Grant Co EMS - North (Bayard)
155.9175 / 151.28	FB2	Grant Co EMS - Central (Mt Storm)
151.025			FB	Grant Co EMS - South (Petersburg)

157.45			FB	Grant Co Fire/EMS Paging (presumed analog)

I have listed them as North / Central / South based upon their geographic location, but this may not be what the agencies themselves call these sites / frequencies. So, don't put alot of attention into the location info.

So, if you monitor any of these frequencies, can attest to them being in use, and can provide the necessary information (agency, dispatch / TAC, PL/DPL/NAC codes, and mode (analog, digital, mixed), please let us know so that we can start entering this data into the RRDB.

As those of you in Grant Co are well aware, the RRDB is severely lacking on information for Grant Co. Based upon this thread and the submission I received, I certainly believe that one or more of these are in use. It would benefit many people if we could get accurate information to put into the DB.

Thank you!

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Did everybody move out of Grant Co? Given the lack of response I'm guessing Grant Co has been abandoned?

If you live in or near Grant Co, please consider checking on the above frequencies and letting us know as much as you can about any that are found to be in operation.

Thanks

mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Heard both of the following frequencies ID with the WQFR872 callsign.

Additionally, I was in the wrong mode but heard P25 digital on 151.0625, with the repeater CW ID about 5 seconds afterwards.

I'm a LONG way from Grant Co. But I have all the above frequencies programmed in and am hoping to be able to catch something in the late evenings.

So there is activity happening on at least some of the above frequencies (and I have a submission that i am not confident to work yet which indicates all of those frequencies are in use).

So please folks, if you live around Grant, start listening to these frequencies and let us know what you find out. I'll do the same.

Thanks

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The Grant Co DB has been updated and will be updated further in the near future.

Grant County, West Virginia (WV) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

This is thanks to a contribution of two individuals who will remain nameless unless they decide to post here. But I thank them for providing us with this very useful information.

3 Law, 3 Fire, and 3 EMS frequencies, all digital. Out of 9 of those, 3 are repeaters (on Mt Storm).

Still attempting to narrow down usage (such as what frequencies are for Police / Fire / EMS dispatch, which ones are for TAC, etc). Right now they are all labeled somewhat generically as TAC. And the repeater output NACs will be available shortly.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.