Grant County changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhiatt1

My RS scanners PRO 106 & Pro 197 are programmed with Grant County, Police,EMS, and Fire VHF, Indiana Safe -T freq. Late evening of April 27, 2017 i heard most of the agencies tell all of there officers to switch their radios from the 800mhz to the 8 TAC 94 channel/freq., and since then i haven't heard any radio traffic (except some older analog freqs. still used ) So what is this new 8 TAC 94 , I'm assuming i need to do some type of reprogramming to my scanners so i can continue listening to these agencies. I programmed my scanners by hand when they were new and have been unable to find the 8 TAC 94 freq. for the Grant County IN. area. So any help would greatly be appreciated . THANKS !!

Last edited:

jtsmith82391

My RS scanners PRO 106 & Pro 197 are programmed with Grant County, Police,EMS, and Fire VHF, Indiana Safe -T freq. Late evening of April 27, 2017 i heard most of the agencies tell all of there officers to switch their radios from the 800mhz to the 8 TAC 94 channel/freq., and since then i haven't heard any radio traffic (except some older analog freqs. still used ) So what is this new 8 TAC 94 , I'm assuming i need to do some type of reprogramming to my scanners so i can continue listening to these agencies. I programmed my scanners by hand when they were new and have been unable to find the 8 TAC 94 freq. for the Grant County IN. area. So any help would greatly be appreciated . THANKS !!
they switched to the 8tacs while they transitioned from the old Motorola Safe-T system to the new full p25 Safe-T system. check the database under the Safe-T p25 system. you'll need to create a new p25 system, with the new control channel and talkgroups

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

dhiatt1

Ok thanks, on my scanner while programming under Trunked System "TYPE" which do i choose
MOT 800/900, MOT VHF/UHF, P25 Manual, P25 Auto, EDACS STD, EDACS Narrow, or LTR

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Ok thanks, on my scanner while programming under Trunked System "TYPE" which do i choose
MOT 800/900, MOT VHF/UHF, P25 Manual, P25 Auto, EDACS STD, EDACS Narrow, or LTR
P25 auto

Status
Not open for further replies.