Gray market 8200 needs repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast1eddie

I own a gray market 8200 (Green case) receiver that needs repair-won't charge the internal nicads. Any ideas on out of country repair facilities??? Great little radio otherwise-have been monitoring the satellite pirates.

Thanks for your help,

Ed

wa8vzq

I recently sent my unit, same vintage, to AOR USA in Torrence, CA. They repaired it in less than a week and returned it to me via UPS 3 day delivery.
I'm very satisfied with the service.

www.aorusa.com/

Dan
Apple Valley, MN

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
wa8vzq said:
I recently sent my unit, same vintage, to AOR USA in Torrence, CA. They repaired it in less than a week and returned it to me via UPS 3 day delivery.
I'm very satisfied with the service.

www.aorusa.com/

Dan
Apple Valley, MN

What was the problem, Dan?

morfis

Fast1eddie said:
I own a gray market 8200 (Green case) receiver that needs repair-won't charge the internal nicads. Any ideas on out of country repair facilities??? Great little radio otherwise-have been monitoring the satellite pirates.

Thanks for your help,

Ed

AOR UK or Javiation in the UK are reputable dealers with good reputations for advice, sales and repairs.

(happy customer of both for many years)

wa8vzq

Dave

My problem was that the sensitivity below 30 MHz was low. Unit could not receive a 50 KW AMBCB station across town with the loop antenna. AOR replaced two diodes and a transistor on the RF unit. Now works fine with the loop. Total was $85.00.

Thought that this would also resolve my s-meter insensitivity but it's still not working up to my expectations. Sensitivity is well within spec across the HF range but I need about 6 microvolts before the s-meter registers. S-meter works fine above 30 MHz. Looking into the possibility of tweaking with the s-meter settings via the MM command.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.