Grayson County is shifting to APCO25

dmurman

Feed Provider
I see that Grayson County Texas is shifting to APCO25. Is that on their VHF channels or they going to a trunk system?

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I see that Grayson County Texas is shifting to APCO25. Is that on their VHF channels or they going to a trunk system?
I haven't heard anything about the County, but Sherman and Denison both have separate APCO25 trunked system projects underway.

Gopher

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard anything about the County, but Sherman and Denison both have separate APCO25 trunked system projects underway.
Is that what's going on with Denison right now? I have been seeing them break squelch and have heard several conversations in the clear on the FD and PD channels. I also heard part of a conversation with the park Rangers on Lake Texoma over the weekend.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Is that what's going on with Denison right now? I have been seeing them break squelch and have heard several conversations in the clear on the FD and PD channels. I also heard part of a conversation with the park Rangers on Lake Texoma over the weekend.
Denison is building out a new 700MHz Motorola Trunked System - they only got their license at the end of May, so I suspect it will be a few more months before we start seeing signs of life on it, followed by a month or more of testing before putting actual users on it (see the following thread where we had previously discussed it). Since they're getting new dispatch consoles as part of it, they likely won't have but a basic patch to the analog frequencies if that when they switch over.

Sherman on the other hand is building out an 800MHz Tait Trunked System, they've had licenses since last August, but there's still no signs of life on the system - and I've been checking for it daily from my base in Van Alstyne (They got the warning from the FCC to this fact and have until the end of August to apply for an extension or bring it online). The most recent thread on it is here: