GRE 2.5 DB Gain Portable Mobile Antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAR923

I'm sure it will work fine. Whether or not it will out perform an RS 8o0 MHz antenna I don't know. I don't understand why it's listed as a "dipole" though. Looks like more of an elevated feed point antenna to me.

SAR923

OK, if you wuld have said you already had the RS antenna and wanted to know if the one at Scannermaster is better, I could have saved myself some typing. Hopefully someone who has BOTH antennas can give you a comparison.

btritch

OK, if you wuld have said you already had the RS antenna and wanted to know if the one at Scannermaster is better, I could have saved myself some typing. Hopefully someone who has BOTH antennas can give you a comparison.

I didn't even think about adding that I already had the RS antenna when I put the original post in there until you brought it up, then I thought about it, Sorry About That..

N1BHH

2.5 decibels gain over what? That is the question. I look at these "claims" of gain with a thought toward, "What are they judging this 2.5 db against?" There is no real standard, but a dipole works better than an end fed in some cases, while the end fed will outperform the dipole. Look at it with a skeptical eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.