GRE-30-0028 800 MHZ Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
http://www.greamerica.com/download/specs/30-0028.pdf

I did not see this antenna listed on the antenna Wiki which is where I looked first. Has anyone tried this one for 800 MHZ monitoring VS others like the RS-800 MHZ duckie for example? I would be interested in hearing your comments or opinions on it. I have the RS model which works ok. Im in the market for second 800 MHZ duckie for another scanner and I dont know whether to just go with another of the same or try something new.

Manny

DonS

http://www.greamerica.com/download/specs/30-0028.pdf

I did not see this antenna listed on the antenna Wiki which is where I looked first. Has anyone tried this one for 800 MHZ monitoring VS others like the RS-800 MHZ duckie for example? I would be interested in hearing your comments or opinions on it. I have the RS model which works ok. Im in the market for second 800 MHZ duckie for another scanner and I dont know whether to just go with another of the same or try something new.

Manny

EDIT: OOPS. I had my model numbers crossed. The antenna referenced above is, indeed, a new one from GRE. They had it on several of their "mobile" models at Dayton. I have one on my PRO-2096 now. When using it on my PSR-500, it seems to perform just as well as the GRE/RS 800 MHz duck.

Pre-edit text: That is the "RS 800 MHz antenna". GRE has always made that antenna for RS, and recently started selling it themselves.

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Don!
I am going to get it just because it is angle-adjustable and it would negate the need for a right angle adapter.

Manny

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Antenna Update! Thumbs Up!

I replaced the Radio Shack 800 MHZ duckie that was attatched to the back of my 996, with this new Gre Antenna. The results are in. It is great on 800 MHZ and even receives 450-470 MHZ pretty good too. It has a very sturdy, tough, thick,stiff feel to it. I thought that having it on a 45 Degree angle or even 90 degree would be problematic with unwanted swivel. Nothing of the sort. With the RS duckie I was getting flutter between full five bar segments on the signal strength and 4 bars. Now, with the Gre, I get solid 5 bars all the time on our State Police Digital Trunking system. No more need to add a right angle adapter to the duckie to attach it to the back of a base scanner. I would definitely recommend this antenna to anyone in need of one. Once you hold one in your hand, you will understand why I say that this is one tough cookie!

Manny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.