GRE-400 BNC Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4HG

Premium Subscriber
It seems the BNC connector on the subject radio is not a standard size??!! I just installed an outdoor discone and am feeding my radios with RG6 and F connectors. This requires the use of a an F to BNC adapter. This adapter fits very loosly on the 400's BNC connection preventing the signal from getting to the radio. It seems to be the female connector on the radio has too large of a hole in it...the very small hole inside of the connector. And, the outside diameter of the connector itself seems smaller than normal creating an all around loose fit. The adapter works fine on my AOR receivers so it is clearly the conector on the GRE. Close inspection of this connector shows it to be one of sub-quality which kinda surprises me. Anyone else had this problem? I guess I'm off to my local electronic supplier to find a chassis mount, female BNC to make the swap.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
My PSR 300 has the same problem. I put the antenna on it that came with the radio and it does not fit snug. It wabbles back and forth. I put a RS 800 antenna on it and it fits snug.

Status
Not open for further replies.