GRE-500 Problem with programing Arap CO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobi99

Is there anybody out there that can help me program Arap Co in to my GRE-500. Everything else works fine Aurora, DIA, etc but I can't seem to get Arap Co to work???? Appreciate any ideas?

Chuck

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Chuck, What software are you using, as I have a win-500 file for the area that works great.

Jim<

DonS

Chuck, What software are you using, as I have a win-500 file for the area that works great.
If the O.P. is interested in your file, it won't matter what software he's using. You can export from Win500 to a .BIN file. That .BIN file could then be uploaded to the scanner with the "Demo App" that came on the CD with the scanner. If the O.P. wants to view/edit the file on a PC, he could then download from the scanner into whatever software he's using (in case that software won't read the scanner's .BIN file format).

Gobi99

I'm using the Butel, downloaded everything from Radio Ref but still never hear anything from Arap CO???? Everythin g else seems to work fine Buckley, Denver, DIA etc..I live oin Aurora so I should be close enough.???

DGroves

I don't know how new you are to scanning, but Denver, Aurora, and DIA are EDACS systems. I've never used a GRE but you should have to tell the thing what kind of system you want to listen to. Arapahoe County is a Motorola P25 system. In addition, when programming the control channel pay attention to one of the sticky threads at the top that state which towers Arapahoe County is locked out of. If you attempt to use those towers you won't hear their talkgroups.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Are you getting any DTRS systems? Douglas, Littleton, Jeffco, Greenwood etc etc?

Jim<

Gobi99

Yes I am getting some of the other DTRS systems. I get Douglas and Jeffco.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Excellent and what control channels are you trying to listen to Arapahoe County SO with?

Chevron is about the best!

Jim<

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Hey Chuck, you can always swing by my store and I'll take a look @ your radio for ya and figure out whats wrong =)

Gobi99

Appreciate it Erik I'll take you up on that, where is your store?

Thanks to everyone for your I may just be too new to this!

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I'm the store down in Parker. I'll be there from 9-2pm tomorrow.

11027 S Parker Rd.
Parker, Co 80134
303-840-7639

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
yup, 9-7. the AM is the best time to come by and visit if you, but any time works!

Gobi99

Thanks for the help!

Kudos to Erik!!!!! He spent an hour Saturday working out all the kinks in my GRE-500 while giving me a little lesson also.

This guys a master! Thanks again Erik! An thanks to all for the suggestions!

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.