GRE 500 Trunk Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhar389188

Newbie here to scanning.

I purchased the GRE500 and ARC 500 software as well as became a premium member here on RR.

Looking for the easiest way to programm this beast.

I have gotten the conventional channels in without a problem. No such luck with the Trunking channel set up. All advice can't hurt.

David - N AlaFreakinBama

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
The ARC should download the system from RR properly (double check that u got the trunk frequencies and the talkgroups in ARC

Couple notes.. if you didnt save any ID's (or none are available online it needs a WILDCARD * group to search)

dhar389188

I opened up the ARC and pasted the conventional channels in the frequency space - chose all my options and it uploaded to the scanner fine.

Hers is my problem trying to get the trunk channels in.
I suspect my problem may be at the RR icon on the task menu bar of the ARC500 software - when I click on it, I get a square red light but it goes away after a few seconds but I am not allowed to type any info in the fields other than my name, password, and country setting. When I click the "import" buttom it keeps telling me that I must select one site. I have clicked on all the tabs and tried different things but I am at a dead end.

My problem may be in not understanding this software and what it is supposed to do. Radio shack, which has little knowledge locally on digital scanners, told me that the ARC software would download all the frenquecies and trunking imformation based on my location . It appears to be a bit more trickier than that.

A note: looking through the menu on the scanner, it does show a "wildcard"

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.