GRE-600 or ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJerk

Here's the deal...live in PA, and it appears a lot of places in the SE corner have made a change to P25 or digital, not to mention trunking. I currently have a GRE-400 that I plan to replace with a new scanner.

I like the GRE line, are there any other options comparable to the GRE-600 that I should consider?

jambo

Here's the deal...live in PA, and it appears a lot of places in the SE corner have made a change to P25 or digital, not to mention trunking. I currently have a GRE-400 that I plan to replace with a new scanner.

I like the GRE line, are there any other options comparable to the GRE-600 that I should consider?

Go with the GRE 600 or 500. You will be totally satisfied. Great radios with great support.

safetyobc

The GRE 600 would be nice but their is also the BCD996XT as far as a digital mobile/base.

I have the handheld version of both. The BCD396XT and the PSR-500. They both have their strengths. It would be hard to choose between the two. But if you are used to the PSR400 then it might be a better fit to go with the PSR 600.

Just compare the 2 in the Wiki and see which fits you best.

Last edited:

TheJerk

Go with the GRE 600 or 500. You will be totally satisfied. Great radios with great support.

I already own a GRE300, so I'm pretty much looking at a base.

I've had good luck with both the 300 and 400, the reason I'm hesitant to go elsewhere, unless there is a glaringly better choice.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Also dont forget the Radio Shack Pro-197 (exact same as the PSR-600).. and you can sometimes get it on sale.
Note I dont think it comes with the USB cable

The BCD996XT is also a great scanner (if your open to going to Uniden model)

Status
Not open for further replies.