Gre 600

Status
Not open for further replies.

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
I am seeking opinons on the GRE-600. I need a new scanner that is mobile and has digital capability. I have been hearing alot about this scanner but need to know what you are think. I am in the Jackson, MS market.

Thanks and be safe.

cbro298

Gre600

Yeah im getting ready to get the PSR-500 and have considered the 600 also.Besides on being the base mobile difference im also looking for suggestions,pros and cons,etc.I am in the Greenville SC area

Overall, to me it is the best scanner ever made, and I have owned almost every digital scanner ever made, as well as the old Japanese scanners that first raised the bar to begin with.

I am not going to knock the 996, because it is a great scanner with a gorgeous display (better than psr), and a handy tuning knob which I miss.

What really puts the PSR-600 over the top for me is the amazing sensitivity. It is really a lot like the PRO-2006, probably the best analog scanner ever made. You can dial the squelch down and pick up the most faint, distant signals, or at least I can. The digital sound quality is amazing as well, and the feature set is the best going.

In fairness some have experienced more intermod problems with the PSR than with the 996, and that has to be noted if you are in a high RF area. I have to mention though, that I do live in a very high RF area and love my PSR.

I have yet to hear anyone who bought one say they regret it, except for those who think they are just going to plug it in and be up and running in five minutes with no effort. Getting this thing programmed correctly for YOUR needs is going to be a project. But isn't that half the fun? It is to me.

KC9NEG

1000x What Phoenix Scanner said.

MississippiPI, if you want to see and hear a 600 run, hit this link It's my online PSR-600 programmed for Indianapolis Metro's new LSM-CQPSK (simulcast P25) system--notoriously hard to receive see wiki for details:

www.ustream.tv/channel/indyscan

Todd/Indy
KC9NEG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.