GRE 800 im lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailly2

re: gre 800 im lost

did you already install ez scan utility manager from greamerica.com/support? i think the driver installs when you install that program to communicate with the radio. of course then unplug the radio, plug it into the usb slot on the computer

1965lemans

did you already install ez scan utility manager from greamerica.com/support? i think the driver installs when you install that program to communicate with the radio. of course then unplug the radio, plug it into the usb slot on the computer

we tryed and what do you mean unplug radio ? from usb then plug back in ?

bailly2

re: gre 800 im lost

yeah, you connect the power cord's usb plug to the usb slot on the computer with the radio off. from the look of the scanlist names in ez scan i would guess your sdcard might be corrupted. run chkdsk program in windows to find any bad sectors. when connecting the radio to your computer, always safely remove the radio by clicking the icon in the lower right corner next to the time in windows

>>we tryed and what do you mean unplug radio ? from usb then plug back in ?

1965lemans

Thanks to all that helped out we got on youtube that helped explain more ended up the wifey fixed it , I just dont have the skills for this I will stick with cars.

Dave

jamesa53

In future, if the scanner gets "stuck" in firmware update, just push MENU and it will come back. Glad you got it fixed, definitely sounded like a bad SD card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.