GRE 800: ?X2-TDMA yes, Phase II TDMA no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

busunlimited

Premium Subscriber
Is my understanding about the GRE 800 correct?

1. It WILL decode X2-TDMA

2. It does NOT currently decode Phase II (Apopka) TDMA and GRE has not committed to when (if?) it will.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Is my understanding about the GRE 800 correct?

1. It WILL decode X2-TDMA

2. It does NOT currently decode Phase II (Apopka) TDMA and GRE has not committed to when (if?) it will.

I am curious. Would this issue eventually be fixed with: a) a new Phase II scanner; b) or a firmware update for the PSR 500/600, etc.?

hamiam

I was just ordering stuff from ham city and added one to my cart, I decided to check the Phase II status first though : ( no 800 for me. Hopefully they can come up with a firmware update to get it working... eventually.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I am curious. Would this issue eventually be fixed with: a) a new Phase II scanner; b) or a firmware update for the PSR 500/600, etc.?

It is currently unknown whether there will be a firmware update for the PSR-800 for Phase II decoding. Or, whether the PSR-800 even has the right hardware that is capable of decoding Phase II.

The PSR-500/600 and Pro-106/197 do not have the correct hardware to decode Phase II, and will therefore never be Phase II capable, regardless of firmware.

No current Uniden model can be made Phase II capable either, they will need to release a completely new model with that capability.

mikev

Really hoping they can do a firmware upgrade to enable Phase II TDMA... I've been told that a system in my area will soon be changing to use it. I'll be thoroughly pissed if I have to buy a new scanner only a few months after buying my 800.

Status
Not open for further replies.