GRE America Coupons???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I've not seen any coupons, but some of the dealers (ScannerMaster, ScannerWorld) have lower prices.

akuser47

S.M. has a lower initial price. The PSR 500 is 499.99 from GRE america inc. free programming for one county. So it will be ready to use when I get it. They charge 69.95 on top of the 448.00 PSR500 for the same programing you get free from GRE america. So I can learn to program other counties and already listen to my county. I can get it programmed and shipped for over $55.00 dollars saved in my pocket.

dsvm2005

go to ebay i seen some for 429 with free shipping i got mine from there just got it yesterday still trying to program it its an awesome scanner. was shippied on satursay and got it on tuuesday was a great deal i even got the 800mhz antenna as a bonus. Figured i will let you know about ebay

akuser47

I had been lookingh at them on ebay for that price not bad thanks I am still not sure about programming so I might still go the GRE america route to start. I will wait and see thanks

n4oqj

What does GRE charge for shipping ? Couldn"t find it on their site.

DonS

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a coupon or discount from GRE America. I doubt they'd be willing to infuriate their dealers by undercutting them.

Last edited:

DonS

Within the ordering process for a PSR-500 (but before actually submitting an order), I was presented with 3 choices for shipping:
* FedEx Ground (5 - 7 days) - $15.00
* FedEx 2nd Day Air (2 days) - $28.00
* FedEx Next Day (1 day) - $52.00

akuser47

They charge 15.00 so with that my total is 514.99 with the free county programming. I chose this route and I think I will be happy it was shipped today already FED EX and is on it's way I called the order in to make sure they programmed what I wanted instead of all the general county crap I wouldn 't care about. If you order only it states to call them with your order # to tell them you want it programmed. I figured I would do it all on the phone. They have great service and answered all my qeustions I had. very pleased so far.

Last edited:

gambill1

scannerworld has the gre 500 for $429.99 and the 600 for $419.99
shipping is $13.95

Oldglide

One question....

For the units purchased on ebay, did you check to see if GRE would honor the warranty?. A lot of these ebay sellers are not authorized dealers.

akuser47

Most of the 429.00 models on e-bay. state they are authorized dealers. I don't really know if there is a way to verify alot of people state things that are hard or impossible to prove for there products on e-bay,and almost any other auction sites.

DonS

Warranty vs. "authorized dealers"...

There's nothing in the warranty terms, as listed in the PSR-500 manual, that says the warranty is only "valid" if you purchase the PSR-500 from some "authorized dealer".

As long as you get an "original purchase receipt" dated within the last 12 months, GRE should/will honor the warranty. (I presume that "original purchase receipt" would have to be either a) from GRE or b) from someone to whom GRE sold the scanner.)

So, if someone purchased 20 PSR-500s from Scanner Master and got 20 "original purchase receipts" from Scanner Master, then sold those 20 scanners on eBay, the end purchaser should be good to go if he gets one of those 20 receipts from the eBay seller.

This would be no different from me buying a PSR-500 from GRE America and giving it to a friend as a gift (along with the GRE America receipt), then having the friend contact GRE America for warranty service.

akuser47

There's nothing in the warranty terms, as listed in the PSR-500 manual, that says the warranty is only "valid" if you purchase the PSR-500 from some "authorized dealer".

As long as you get an "original purchase receipt" dated within the last 12 months, GRE should/will honor the warranty. (I presume that "original purchase receipt" would have to be either a) from GRE or b) from someone to whom GRE sold the scanner.)

So, if someone purchased 20 PSR-500s from Scanner Master and got 20 "original purchase receipts" from Scanner Master, then sold those 20 scanners on eBay, the end purchaser should be good to go if he gets one of those 20 receipts from the eBay seller.

This would be no different from me buying a PSR-500 from GRE America and giving it to a friend as a gift (along with the GRE America receipt), then having the friend contact GRE America for warranty service.

I believe you are correct I was stating that Most the retailers on most online auctions are not registered dealers. Most good companies will honor a warranty as long as there is some sort of proof of purchase dated. I have not had much luck with alot online auctions like, gun broker, E-Bay,Guns america. So far from what I have read online GRE will more than likely stand behind thier product.

Last edited:

Oldglide

Always check to be sure!

Any jamoke can give you a receipt. Manufacturers are always worried about "grey" market products. It wouldn't hurt to just drop GRE an e-mail and ask them who their on-line authorized dealers are and if they will honor the warranty for a product purchased "new" from someone else. My experience is they should respond within 24 hours.

akuser47

Any jamoke can give you a receipt. Manufacturers are always worried about "grey" market products. It wouldn't hurt to just drop GRE an e-mail and ask them who their on-line authorized dealers are and if they will honor the warranty for a product purchased "new" from someone else. My experience is they should respond within 24 hours.

This is why I am cautious, Years ago I bought an Mp3 player on e-bay It was sold as new they were a dealer Bla Bla Bla. I sent in the e-bay paypal reciept for warranty work. They e-mailed me and told me it was refurbished/demo model from some promo they had done they had verified the serial # so no warranty I was charged the return shipping also and then went e-bayer there account was banned but I never got my money back. I have had good buys on all auction sites but I am alway weary. Thanks to everyone that has posted there info I love this sitre and hope to continue to benefit from it. First I have to learne to use this once it gets here I hate waiting!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.