GRE cable for Icom CI-V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I've been reading that people use their Radio Shack #20-047 programming cable as a CI-V cable for their Icom radios. I never thought of doing that, let alone thought that's all that cable is.

So...has anyone done this with an Icom 706MKIIg? I'd like to start using it for PSK-31 with HRD / DM780. I don't have the RS cable, but I do have the GRE (30-3290) cable.

I already have the audio covered with a homebrew isolation box I used with my FT-1000D. Just need the CI-V for control and PTT functionality.

Thoughts?

3UFN

I've been reading that people use their Radio Shack #20-047 programming cable as a CI-V cable for their Icom radios. I never thought of doing that, let alone thought that's all that cable is.

So...has anyone done this with an Icom 706MKIIg? I'd like to start using it for PSK-31 with HRD / DM780. I don't have the RS cable, but I do have the GRE (30-3290) cable.

I already have the audio covered with a homebrew isolation box I used with my FT-1000D. Just need the CI-V for control and PTT functionality.

Thoughts?

Just as a side note. I use the Icom CI-V cable and made a jumper to a stereo 1/8" plug with the tip & ring fed with the data line from the CI-V. Much less expensive than the RS or GRE cables and you can use it for other rigs if need be. Just a little soldering involved.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I just discovered that PTT triggering (non-VOX) is not possible via CAT. I don't need the control as much as I need that. Grrr...

Status
Not open for further replies.