GRE CES New Product Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrak

WOW GRE good job at possibly losing a GRE customer. I'm sorry, but I'm not a "beginner" scanner user and do not want an iScan type radio.

RadioDaze

Wow, think of all the money we're going to save by keeping and loving all the GRE's we already own.

I'm sure there will be a digital iScan announcement by mid year. They just weren't ready yet.

pogbobo

thanks for the pic shaft ...

but really, i was all excited, and for what, this?? the same damn scanner that was released two months ago (oooh its black, bfd) and 'shocking' another racing scanner ... just what the world needs, another one of these ... cause all of the other scanners out there just dont function right at the track, and cry me a river if you have to actually program a 'normal' scanner with nascar freqs :roll:

wb0wao

I am dissapointed that there was not anything "new" released by GRE. This is what - about 2 years since the 500/600 came out. You would think that in that period of time, the engineers could have come up with something. At least have brought out the iScan in digital.....

Added - So other than the case color and the display color - are there any major differences between the '700 and the '107???

Dennis

Last edited:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Nothing new added. Looks like those were the only changes.

I am dissapointed that there was not anything "new" released by GRE. This is what - about 2 years since the 500/600 came out. You would think that in that period of time, the engineers could have come up with something. At least have brought out the iScan in digital.....

Added - So other than the case color and the display color - are there any major differences between the '700 and the '107???

Dennis

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
You mean the prediction you made 2 weeks and 25 posts after you read my prediction =)
I can't quote it since I'm on my phone but it was something like

Maybe just a GRE version of the Pro-107
And a racing scanner

But I guess Im only half right as I first said... maybe show a digital iscan
We can't all be perfect.. Dont I know it.

DonS

Most of the differences are cosmetic: case color, button layout, and text changes (e.g. "Spectrum Sweeper" vs. "Signal Stalker").

There are also a couple of functional differences. Whether such changes are considered "major" or "minor" is pretty subjective.

Well now I'm sorry I asked. No stuff, just fluff.

Maybe I should have taken the advice on the front of the pack of matches and gotten into the exciting and rewarding field of marketing too.
I mean these guys actually make six figure incomes coming up with this crap.
Revolutionary, hardly. This really diminishes the credibility of GRE.

HCH

Drafin

Was just hoping for a simple iscan WITH digital...

Still don't see the point of a non digital iscan with all the multitudes of systems either there or headed that way.

Draf

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Well, hell. I was hoping to grab me a new iScan digital this summer, but I guess it'll have to be a PSR-500 instead (along with 2 600's in the car that I'll have by then).

Once I spend all that moolah, then they'll release the new digital for sure. That's how my luck goes. :)

-AZ

N8IAA

Time for Uniden to step up and show us jaded scannerheads something that will blow away GRE. What about it UPMan?????????
Larry

pathalogical

Are race car freqs that complicated that they need a specialized pre programed scanner ? As jpryor indicated "it covers only 450 to 469.9875 MHz". Sounds like all you need is a newer scanner with a limit search set up and you could get away with hearing a fair amout of comms. I know, it would be a benefit to race fans that follow a favorite driver/team or travel to several races per year.

Eng74

Time for Uniden to step up and show us jaded scannerheads something that will blow away GRE. What about it UPMan?????????
Larry

Uniden just came out with the new XT's last spring/summer so I don't think we will see anything new for another year or two from them.

hoser147

Kind of a disappointment for sure, but keep in mind that those here knew about things prior to the general public........Its not all bad to be ahead of the game for the most part. Im sure the big two are working on other things for the future, just have to wait and see.

N8IAA

Uniden just came out with the new XT's last spring/summer so I don't think we will see anything new for another year or two from them.

I know that the new XT's came out last year:) Please Read: firmware updates that include Mototrbo and Nexden. A lot of agencies near me are planning on going to either of those for their conventional VHF frequencies. I know that there isn't a lot out there yet, but, as evident in this sticky....there is a need for these to be included in our scanning stables:)
Larry

Highpockets

I know that the new XT's came out last year:) Please Read: firmware updates that include Mototrbo and Nexden. A lot of agencies near me are planning on going to either of those for their conventional VHF frequencies. I know that there isn't a lot out there yet, but, as evident in this sticky....there is a need for these to be included in our scanning stables:)
Larry

Please read you say, you should have read the title of the thread, GRE is the subject, not Uniden. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.