GRE lost all Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne0564

Hello,

Was working on my GRE 500 and here what's it says CPU SW Upgrade Error- Turn off, up Boot Ver: F1.4
any Idea how to get it back to the defaults, I Found a 2.0 update, but it won't load. Any Ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

ScannerSK

I see a note that to upgrade the CPU firmware a person has to hold down the PGM button while powering on the radio which places the radio in firmware upgrade mode.

The document states to use CPUUpdater_PSR-500-600-BootF14_U2.0.exe for Boot Versions of 1.4 or greater which is your unit.

Do you use the Scanner/PC interface cable frequently? If not, it may need to be set up in your computer to the correct port to communicate properly with your scanner.

Once the CPU has been upgraded then the DSP can be upgraded if you lost that as well.

The last version of CPU upgrade made available was version 2.1 for the PSR-500. I created a Yahoo Group to temporarily host the latest firmware. The last offical GRE updates for the GRE PSR-500/600 scanner can be downloaded from the following website: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GRE-Scanner-Firmware/info

Click "Sign In" in the upper right hand corner.

Username: GREScannerFirmware
Password: Gre12345678

Click on Files tab to download the file(s).

Please sign out when you are finished so the next person can sign in when you are done.

What does your scanner screen show when you hold down the number "3" when turning on your scanner?

Shawn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.