GRE problems with setting up trunking systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

richber

Premium Subscriber
hi,
my name is rich bere i just bought a gre psr-410 desk scanner. i got the conv programmed ok no trouble.
but i tryed to program trunking into it and it wont work, read the manual and im still stuck.also can someone tellme how to delete trunking objects?? im new to this and confused.
thanks
richber

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Many trunked systems are digital and unless I am wrong, the 410 is not a digital scanner so we need to first know where you are located. Some public systems are still analog and these will work with the 410 along with conventional systems but if your town is digital, the 410 will not be able to monitor those frequncies. Digital scanners start around $425 and GRE makes a nice little one, the PRS 800 that retails for around this price. Also these days, most programing of radios is done by solftware that you install on your PC so you need one of those too. Anyhow first things first, look up your area on the RR data base which will tell you if your area is digital or analog then go from there. Good luck.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
hi,
my name is rich bere i just bought a gre psr-410 desk scanner. i got the conv programmed ok no trouble.
but i tryed to program trunking into it and it wont work, read the manual and im still stuck.also can someone tellme how to delete trunking objects?? im new to this and confused.
The scanner is not all that easy to use and the manual doesn't help much. There are two kinds of trunking objects -- TSYS and TGRP, which do you want to delete?

FWIW, while it is great to be able to program these things by hand; especially if entering all the alpha tags, it is much easier to use software. I use WIN500. Check here for a complete list.

Status
Not open for further replies.