GRE PSR 300 and RS Pro 95 CABLE compatibilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Will the serial cable for the pro 95 work on the PSR300 and is the AC Adapter plug the same. I had a pro 95 and was very ill with apendicitious when i put my cell phone next to my scanner overnight... the cell phone zinged the scanner but it brought me 35 dollars on Ebay for parts (excellent case, audio board etc.)

Just wandering as I am debating between a PSR-300 and a BC346xt.. Is it really worth the difference in Suburban Florence County SC. I have the AC adapter and programming cable for a Pro 95 on hand ...

Thanks for your comments in advance!

scnnr

Will the serial cable for the pro 95 work on the PSR300 and is the AC Adapter plug the same. I had a pro 95 and was very ill with apendicitious when i put my cell phone next to my scanner overnight... the cell phone zinged the scanner but it brought me 35 dollars on Ebay for parts (excellent case, audio board etc.)

Just wandering as I am debating between a PSR-300 and a BC346xt.. Is it really worth the difference in Suburban Florence County SC. I have the AC adapter and programming cable for a Pro 95 on hand ...

Thanks for your comments in advance!

I just gave the my older serial cable on my other computer running xp on a try on my psr-300 and no go. It is not recognized by the psr-300. It won't work with my psr 500 as well. I have the usb cable so am ok in that respect.

As for the other half of your question. Taking a quick look at the Database here on RR it looks like the PSR-300 will do you just fine. It is an excellent scanner for scanning analog systems .

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Serial cables

I have all the scanners listed below, and generally speaking there are TWO different cables for most of these scanners - the COM version and the USB version (20-047). All of the GRE-made PRO-9x scanners work on either cable. But the PSR-300 (or PRO-164) requires the USB version cable.

I took some time and figured this one out. I actually custom built myself a new COM version cable that also works on the PSR-300. But it took a lot more than I was expecting it to.

So the bottom line to answer your question is that the USB version cable (20-047) will work on the PRO-95 and PSR-300, but the COM version cable will not.

BTW, I love all of these scanners as each has its strong and weak points. The S Meter display on the PSR-300 is a nice addition.

SCPD

QRT
PSR300 Questions

Thanks for the input. Leaning toward a PSR-300.. Any Comments on Software PSR Edit 300 vs ARC300

Status
Not open for further replies.