GRE PSR 300 vs RS PRO 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRO64

Hi I am trying to make a decide between the GRE PSR300 or the Radio Sahck PRO-164. I like the look of the GRE compared to the RS. Does anyone have any comments that might be help in making a decision? Does anyone own a GRE PSR 300 and would like to comment on it? I owned a PRO-97 in the past and I was thinking of trying something different. I know GRE makes the PRO97 and PRO164. Thanks for any commments or suggestions.

I have both scanners and they are identical in performance . So pick out the one that looks good to you. The Pro-164 you can pick up at your local RadioShack. If you want the PSR-300 you will have to order it and wait for the "Brown Truck of Happiness.

RadMarv

Premium Subscriber
Quick questions...

I see a lot of complaints regarding the PRO-164 manual.

I do have the PRO-164 but am giving my PRO-96 99% usage.

Which would be a better manual given both the GRE PSR-300 and the PRO-164 are essentiall the same, the GRE or the Radio Shack manual? Just how close are the actual features?

peterjmag

Go with the PSR-300. It's a better radio and it also comes with the wall wart charger where as the 164 does not.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Go with the PSR-300. It's a better radio and it also comes with the wall wart charger where as the 164 does not.

There ya go......if ya can get it for the same or lower price go with GRE. Same radio - just has the wall wart.

Also think about this......if ya buy 164 from a local store ya pay sales tax. Get the right deal ya may get off cheaper buying GRE online and pay cheap shipping & no sales tax.

Shop around & save some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.