GRE PSR-400 "Help Needed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauliemole

Thank you for your attention:
Let me start by saying that I have been listening to radio transmissions dating back to the mid. 70's. Starting off with my fathers hand tunable AM/FM/Shortwave radio with a telescoping antenna, Lafayette and Radio Shack Crystal installed scanners, my first Uniden BC 210 then moving up to a RS Pro-2017 then a BC350A for the auto. All of them pretty much easy to program.
So now I have a GRE PSR-400 and it has been a bit of a head ache, with it I purchased a GRE USB Scanner/PC interface (30-3290) cable with Drivers and the ABC300 Software. I am by no means tech savvy and need help with the programming, I am intrested in listening Westchester County New York Department of Emergency Services Motorola Type II Trunk radio system.
I have programed the Fx's into the scanner and I am picking up transmissions I have no desire to hear, such as Liberty Lines Buses. I intentionally left them out of the programming but they still seem to be coming through loud and clear. In addition, when the scanner stops at a 60 EMS or 60 Fire as well as the Tac and Ops channels, the primary or secondary channels display, not the specific talk group Tags I wish to be displayed. I know I have a program problem somewhere, but I just don't know how to correct it. I have obtained a list of the program channels directly from someone I know at 60 Control and have attempted to make sense out of the manual with no success. Also, I understand that their is a software update and I have no clue on how to download it in to the scanner.
If there is anyone out in scanner land ( LOL ) that is knowledgeable in the process of programing the GRE PSR-400 and the Trunk System I wish to listen too, please help me. If its not to much trouble, we can work through MSN, AOL, messenger in hopes that I can be talked through it. Thank you for you time and I hope to hear from someone soon. Pauliemole.

kcoleman

I have programed the Fx's into the scanner and I am picking up transmissions I have no desire to hear, such as Liberty Lines Buses. I intentionally left them out of the programming but they still seem to be coming through loud and clear.

Pauliemole.... welcome to RR. You've certainly come to the right place to get help. There are plenty of knowledgeable folks on here that are more than glad to help someone out.

From what you describe here it sounds like your bank is in "OPEN" mode. (You will see a "+" under the bank number.) What that does in the radio is allow all talkgroups that are on the system that are capable of being heard... heard. In "CLOSED" mode (you will see a "-" under the bank number) you will only hear the talkgroups that you have programmed.

See instructions below...

Good Luck,
Keith

Attachments

• open-close mode.jpg
    open-close mode.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 489

Gadgetman728

Premium Subscriber
There aren't many sites or TG's in Westchester, so I downloaded it, separated out the TG's into different banks and closed them. I sent you a private message, and will e mail you this edit for use in WIN97.

Pauliemole

No Luck

Keith: I took your advice Re: "Open/Close" with no luck, I have attached photos of my programing, do to the size I have sent them in two posts. at you convenience, Take a look at it and tell me what if any adjustments I can make. Thanks again, If anyone else out there can help, all suggestions are welcome

Attachments

• 60 Control North Frequencies.jpg
    60 Control North Frequencies.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 379
  • 60 Control North Settings.jpg
    60 Control North Settings.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 409
  • 60 Control North Settings  (Bandplan Table Editor).jpg
    60 Control North Settings (Bandplan Table Editor).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 414
  • 60 Control North Talk Goups #1.jpg
    60 Control North Talk Goups #1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 386
  • 60 Control North Talk Groups #2.jpg
    60 Control North Talk Groups #2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 405

Pauliemole

No Luck

Here are the second set of photos

Attachments

• 60 Control South Frequencies.jpg
    60 Control South Frequencies.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 421
  • 60 Control South Settings.jpg
    60 Control South Settings.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 408
  • 60 Control South Settings (Bandplan  Table Editor).jpg
    60 Control South Settings (Bandplan Table Editor).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 390
  • 60 Control South Talk Groups #1.jpg
    60 Control South Talk Groups #1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 425
  • 60 Control South Talk Groups #2.jpg
    60 Control South Talk Groups #2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 380

Pauliemole

Thank you all

Thank you Keith, Gommert and Gadgetman728 for your help and suggestions regarding my GRE PSR-400, I have taken the advise and reset the Open/Close settings and the MOT Custom setting with no avail. I guess ill wait until the technology is easy enough for a moron to understand. Saturday their was a working house fire and Sunday an Ice Rescue all the communication on a trunking system that I couldn't understand due to all the talk groups Primary, Tac & Ops stepping on each other and lets not forget the commuter buses which I intentionally left out of the programing but still come in loud and clear. My wife gave me a hell of a time when I spent $200 + on the scanner, software, cable etc. she thinks I'm fool, "... wasting money on that useless $&1T..." with money so tight. I purchased the scanner for my car due to the inability to monitor from my home due to radio reception conditions and I don't have the money to have it programed by a technician the way I would like it. so let it be, so if their is anyone out their looking for a slightly used in great condition GRE PSR-400, I have one available

Status
Not open for further replies.