GRE PSR-410/310 Patch Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wphm449

Does anyone know if this is in the works or if GRE will ever make this possible for the 410/310, the way it similarly funtions on the 500/600?

wphm449

I also listen to an EDACS system in my area, and it doesn't seem to track it. Is there a setting I have to enable?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
No, there is nothing to enable. It also works on my PSR-500 which is the same method I'm sure.
If it is not tracking patches on your system, and you can verify it with someone else in your area who also can monitor you system, then I would submit a support ticket here.

wphm449

Yeah, I also have a PSR-500 that is tracking the patches flawlessly, which is what I used to verify the problem. I have submitted a support ticket to GRE to see what they can find out. I also updated the firmware to U1.1, which makes me wonder if the programming code that makes the radio able to track patched talkgroups was somehow accidentaly removed.

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
While I can monitor EDACS patches with my PSR-310, its not really "working". When two or more EDACS TG's are patched together they are given a new TG ID that if in open mode, or if you have programmed this TG id into your radio it will allow you to listen in to the comms.

A upgrade similar to what was given to the PSR-500 would be very welcomed for the PSR-310.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
While I can monitor EDACS patches with my PSR-310, its not really "working". When two or more EDACS TG's are patched together they are given a new TG ID that if in open mode, or if you have programmed this TG id into your radio it will allow you to listen in to the comms.

A upgrade similar to what was given to the PSR-500 would be very welcomed for the PSR-310.

That's how a patch is supposed to work however. Two TGID's are temporarily patched together.

The (U1.8) update was to support patch for P25, Motorola and EDACS trunking on the 500.

DonS

The way patching is supposed to work is: You have TGIDs "A" and "B" programmed. The system patches those two together to a new TGID "X". You don't have TGID "X" programmed, and you're scanning in "closed mode" (no wildcard TGRP object enabled). The scanner recognizes the patch and, because you have at least one of the patch members programmed, monitors the new TGID "X" for the duration of the patch.

The PSR-310/410 do not yet support that (as of firmware version 1.1).

EDIT:
More info... in the above scenario, if the two TGIDs were patched to "B", then you'd hear all of the comms - because you have TGID "B" programmed. The scanner would appear to "follow" the patch, but it's only doing so because you have the supergroup ("B") programmed.

On a PSR-500/600 with firmware 1.8 or later, you'll see that it's following the patch because the "TGRP" text in the upper-right corner of the display will alternate with "ptch".

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
OK, now I remember the "ptch" display and I almost always use a wildcard. Thanks for the clarification Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.