GRE PSR 410 not sold in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcam406

i checked into obtaining a GRE PSR 410 for an upgrade over my 898T,and was shocked to hear that it wasnt approved by Industry Canada.its just an analogue scanner,what gives? anybody know the reasons,i'd like to hear.thx

W2PMX

If it's the same as in the US, samples have to be submitted to to IC for testing in order to get approval. It's a costly process and either RS chose not to spend the money or it's in process and the approval hasn't been granted yet.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Have a look at this thread from back in April.

http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/209407-help-gre-psr-410-canadian-band-plan.html

According to an email reply from GRE:

Thank You for contacting GRE. The PSR-410 is designed and Type accepted for USA market. We have not type accepted for IC as of yet. After submitting for IC Compliance and approval, we will have a Firmware update to support Canadian Bandplan. Unfortunately there is no ETA to when the Canadian IC compliance application would be submitted. We are currently studying this option.

I guess they never did submit it to IC for approval.

In any case, that shouldn't stop you from getting one if you want it that badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.