Gre psr-410

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnml9

Premium Subscriber
Howdy all

Would anyone have input pro/cons about the GRE PSR-410 or recommend a better scanner

Thanks Shawn

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I've moved your thread out of the Reviews forum. Please get in to the habit of looking over the Sticky threads at the top of forums and reading them when applicable. Otherwise your threads could be deleted, or moved somewhere else without a redirect. And you probably need to review the threads in the forum I link to in my signature. Thanks.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PSR-410 is a good choice

If you are looking for a base scanner (not hand-held model) and do not need digital, it is a great scanner. I am using the PSR-310, the hand-held version, and love it. The biggest con is that it does not decode P25 (digital) transmissions, but there's not much of that yet in my listening area.

If you go with this scanner, I HIGHLY recommend buying software to program it (and the programming cable). I am using WIN500. I actually got the software first and started the programming long before my scanner arrived. Additionally, if you do need digital, and go with the PSR-600 (that's the equivalent base digital scanner), WIN500 works with that model as well. The downside of the PSR-600 -- price.

I see this is your first post here. There is another breed of scanner now that is better suited for non-technical types. They are operated more like an MP3 player and have less user controls. PSR-800 is one such model.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Locally, I only need an analog trunking scanner, and my PSR410 is sitting next to me monitoring Putnam and Westchester Counties. Has everything the 600 has, minus digital and V Scanner folders. An even better deal when ScannerMaster has a sale and sells it for 149

Status
Not open for further replies.